Softball Mom 2

Options
SoftBallMom2
SoftBallMom2 Member Posts: 56 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hey guys! I haven't been on here in a very long time. My chemo treatments have made me so sick. I am not bouncing back as quick as I should. It has been so hard. I have my last a/c treatment this week if I am able to. I have blisters in my throat right now. I don't know if I can finish these treatments. They ssay the last 4 of taxol are easier. Are they? I have lost a total of ten pounds in the last couple of weeks. Have these treatments affected other people this bad? I am just trying to hold on that it will get better and be over soon. Sorry I haven't been any help to anyone lately. Just feeling really down and out. Amanda

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Amanda
    yes,the a/c treatments are definately rough on your body! I have read from many of the women on here,and another friend of mine that the taxol is much easier to take! Sorry about the blisters in your throat-that sounds so painful!! Let your onc know and maybe he can prescribe something for you!
    Hope you feel better. I know that this is not only wearing on us physically,but emotionally as well!
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    ((((((HUGS)))))))
    So sorry you are feeling so poorly, please call your doctor and tell them about the blisters there are things they can give you to ease the pain. Taxol is easier, not a walk in the park of course but yes it is easier. Thank you for checking in with us as we are concerned for you. It will get better and you will regain your strength with time.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts,

RE
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, Amanda
    Yes, the Taxol should be easier. You've been through a really rough time, haven't you? Your doctor may have something for the blisters in your throat -- at least to numb them so they won't bother you as much. You're almost there. Just one more push.

Mimi
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Hi Amanda
    I am so sorry to hear that you are having a rough time. There is no set time frame for bouncing back, so be sure to take it easy and know that with each passing day, you are one day closer to being done. It is not easy what you are having to go through, but you are strong and your body will endure. I will keep you in my prayers and I hope your spirits lift very soon. Pammy
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    I had a pretty tough time on
    I had a pretty tough time on chemo also. You will forget a lot of it after it's over. I had chemo in 2003 and 2004 and have to really think to remember it. I can't even remember enough to answer your question. So try and hang in there. Hope it gets better. Hugs.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    RE said:

((((((HUGS)))))))
    So sorry you are feeling so poorly, please call your doctor and tell them about the blisters there are things they can give you to ease the pain. Taxol is easier, not a walk in the park of course but yes it is easier. Thank you for checking in with us as we are concerned for you. It will get better and you will regain your strength with time.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts,

RE

So sorry Amanda
    We have missed you on the board. I am so sorry that you are having a rough time. Please call your oncologist and get something to help with the blisters. Sending you lots of prayers!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Hi Sweetie~So sorry that
    Hi Sweetie~

So sorry that chemo has been so rough on you...I agree that you should let your oncologist know about the throat blisters; they truly want to be able to relieve as many side effects/symptoms as they can! They don't ever want us thinking that the Cure is worse than the disease!

I have to agree with Marcia about even remembering chemotherapy~ I had it in 2003, and I can't remember it either! I recall peeing red from the Adriamycin, and I absolutely remember the exhaustion! But really, not much else. Take the word of those who have either a better memory, or are not so far out of treatment when they tell you that the Taxol isn't as bad as the other two are. I honestly didn't even remember that the A/C came first and the Taxol later~if I were quizzed on this I would have said that I figured all three drugs were mixed together, and that's how this cocktail was delivered! So, it does get better and fades in to what WAS, and not what IS.

If you don't feel up to posting, hopefully you are still being encouraged by all of here when you read the posts. We are still a united family even when we don't feel like writing!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    So sorry you are having such
    So sorry you are having such a hard time with the Chemo. I have been having a rough time myself although on different drugs so I think I understand how awful it is. I hope you are feeling better soon.
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    sorry u aare so sick it does
    sorry u aare so sick it does get better call yout onc they can give u something for you mouth hang in there, we have missed you but u take care of your self first hugs and love comming your way
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    sorry u aare so sick it does
    sorry u aare so sick it does get better call yout onc they can give u something for you mouth hang in there, we have missed you but u take care of your self first hugs and love comming your way
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hi Amanda
    I just finished 4 rounds of adriamycin/cytoxan and started taxol herceptin last wk friday. I would say that I was pretty well tired out from the taxol too, but had less gi side effects. I even went to work today for 1/2 day which I never did on the a/c. I always took mondays off.

The biggest thing I have noticed is the leg and muscle pains. I never had any reaction to the neulasta injections and was hoping that the leg pain wouldnt bother me, but it really is today. I am used to running and it feels like I ran 18 miles today. I just ache all over. I took 800mg of ibuprofen and will try that tomorrow and if that doesnt work I will call in.

I do think its easier than the a/c in general, but I am tired.

Hang in there Amanda...I know how down and out you can get cuz believe me I had a melt down on sunday...It just seems like this is dragging on and on and on...But I feel lucky that they have meds out there that can help us battle this beast so I will forge on and you can too with our help.

Hugs to you

Linda T
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi Amanda
    I just finished 4 rounds of adriamycin/cytoxan and started taxol herceptin last wk friday. I would say that I was pretty well tired out from the taxol too, but had less gi side effects. I even went to work today for 1/2 day which I never did on the a/c. I always took mondays off.

The biggest thing I have noticed is the leg and muscle pains. I never had any reaction to the neulasta injections and was hoping that the leg pain wouldnt bother me, but it really is today. I am used to running and it feels like I ran 18 miles today. I just ache all over. I took 800mg of ibuprofen and will try that tomorrow and if that doesnt work I will call in.

I do think its easier than the a/c in general, but I am tired.

Hang in there Amanda...I know how down and out you can get cuz believe me I had a melt down on sunday...It just seems like this is dragging on and on and on...But I feel lucky that they have meds out there that can help us battle this beast so I will forge on and you can too with our help.

Hugs to you

Linda T

: - (
    Sending you lots of postive thoughts and prayers Amanda. Hang in there!

Kristin ♥
  • SoftBallMom2
    SoftBallMom2 Member Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Kristin N said:

: - (
    Sending you lots of postive thoughts and prayers Amanda. Hang in there!

Kristin ♥

THANKS GUYS! I NEED ALL THE
    THANKS GUYS! I NEED ALL THE PRAYERS AND SUPPORT I CAN GET. DIDN'T KNOW ALL OF THIS WOULD BE THIS HARD.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options

THANKS GUYS! I NEED ALL THE PRAYERS AND SUPPORT I CAN GET. DIDN'T KNOW ALL OF THIS WOULD BE THIS HARD.

Amanda
    I am happy to hear from you again, but so sorry you haven't been feeling well. It sure isn't a breeze is it? I had terrible burning in my esophagus also. I took Pepsid and that helped and I had alot of milkshakes...they felt so good on my throat (don't look so good on my belly now) haha! but seriously hun, tell your Onc. so you can get something to relieve it, and I hope you feel better very soon.
    hugs, jackie
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Mouth sores....
    So sorry this has happened.......Ask your oncologist about a mouth/throat wash....A good friend of our is an Maxillary Facial Surgeon....he called this in for me......it is

Nystatin 1/Hydrocort/Diphen AF....Works miracles! It numbs and heals......you can rinse with it every 4 hours or as needed. I used it as a preventative, and it worked....I had Taxotere and Cytoxan.....Taxotere is in the same family as Taxol.....it is MUCH easier on you..you will probably put on the weight that you have lost, also, which could be also due to stress....I lost 19 pounds due to stress at the beginning of this awful journey.... And ask about mega doses of anti nausea medications......they will give you that before your Taxol infusion and probably Benadryl, to ward off any possible allergic reaction. I had no reaction to it.....It will cause you to lose your taste buds for about 5-7 days, though.....try to plow through and eat anyway, even though things won't have much taste......I found that watermelon really "tasted" good and was easy on the sore throat, also popsicles worked wonders.

You CAN DO IT.......YOU CAN FINISH your treatment!
    I am wishing you better days ahead
    Nancy
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

You've got all the prayers
    You've got all the prayers and positive thoughts that exist! I am so sorry this has been so hard for you.

Hugs, Diane ♥