Need recomendations for Masectomy Surgeon - Houston, TX

Options
minetteg
minetteg Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm searching for a well qualified surgeon with privileges at Methodist or St Luke's in Houston, TX for a masectomy. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Hi minetteg and welcome.
    Hi minetteg and welcome. Sorry, I had a lumpectomy and I don't live in Texas. Can you get a recommendation from your gp or another doctor that you might know? Good luck!

Leeza
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    jnl said:

Hi minetteg and welcome.
    Hi minetteg and welcome. Sorry, I had a lumpectomy and I don't live in Texas. Can you get a recommendation from your gp or another doctor that you might know? Good luck!

Leeza

Minetteg,
    I lived in the

Minetteg,

I lived in the Houston area for many years, and most of my family is still there. There is a website, www.debakeydepartmentofsurgery.org, that is sponsored by Baylor College of Medicine, and specializes in surgeons who perform mastectomy surgeries regularly. These are associated with Michael DeBakey, a world renowned surgeon. This is only a suggestion, but the website does have names of surgeons that you might contact to see where they have privileges. Dr. Debakey performed open heart surgery on my father many years ago, and we always trusted anyone he was associated with. Good luck with your search. Another possibility would be to call M.D. Anderson and St. Lukes to get a referral directly from them. The Medical Center in Houston is one of the best in the world, and I am sure you will find a suitable surgeon. Your own oncologist or PCP would be a starting place also. Good luck to you in your quest to find medical care that you can be comfortable with. Hugs,

Judy