Taxol and herceptin

mlmjt1
mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone!!!

Just an update...I was pretty keyed up about starting a new med regimen on friday. I just switched from A/C to taxol and herceptin. I had decadron, pepcid iv, another antiemetic, then benadryl then they ran the taxol over 31/2 hours and the herceptin over 1 1/2 hours so I was at the hospital from 9am to close to 7pm. What a day!

Not that Im complaining, but I have expected to feel the muscle and bone achiness and so far I have felt nothing unusual at all. I actually feel pretty good. I took the dog out for 2 2mile walks, was on the exercise bike for 20 minutes and did my yoga. My appetite is great and I feel no nausea at all.

Any idea when the effects will hit???

Thanks all

Linda T

Comments

• ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    mimi
    the herceptin didnt make me sick i would get tired
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    ladybug22 said:

mimi
    the herceptin didnt make me sick i would get tired

When I was on Taxol w/Herceptin I had no nausea. This round will be a breeze compared to A/C.

Your hair will start to grow back.

Margo
  • butterfly343
    butterfly343 Member Posts: 39
    Hi Linda,
    I'm on Taxol and

Hi Linda,
    I'm on Taxol and have the same pre-meds you do. I get really loopy and knocked out from the benadryl right away. For me, (I've only had one cycle, my next is this tuesday) pnce the steriods wore off, the side effects hit hard. That was about 4 days after treatment. I had severe bone and joint aches, nausea, fatigue, loss of appetite all the usual. My hair is just now starting to fall out and I started haveing hot flashs and chemo brain. tyhese lasted about 6 days then I started to get my engery and usual happy self back. Bad news is(for me)I'm on a dose dense cycle. Just as I start to feel better, its time for another treatment!
    Hope it's better for you and this helps somewhat!
    Good luck,
    Julie
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Linda T
    I'll be going on my 4th round of Taxol/ Herceptin this week coming up. I'm have having alot of palpitations, but I'm not sure it is from the meds. I had a echocardiagram and had to wear a halter monitor for 24 hours. and both reports came back good. I see the doc tomorrow and will talk to him about the test results. Other than that I have been feeling fine. Just a little nausia once in awhile. Hugs to you! Diane
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    chickad52 said:

Linda T
    I'll be going on my 4th round of Taxol/ Herceptin this week coming up. I'm have having alot of palpitations, but I'm not sure it is from the meds. I had a echocardiagram and had to wear a halter monitor for 24 hours. and both reports came back good. I see the doc tomorrow and will talk to him about the test results. Other than that I have been feeling fine. Just a little nausia once in awhile. Hugs to you! Diane

Glad to hear you are doing
    Glad to hear you are doing well Linda. I hope it stays that way!

♥ Noel