Rash with Treatment?

Options
trecsdss
trecsdss Member Posts: 22
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have had two rounds of chemo. I am getting an arm rash about 5 days after chemo/neulasta shot, and then the skin on my arms peel, like a sunburn. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    You need to call your
    You need to call your doctor. This sounds like a allergic reaction and they need to know about it. I had this type of reaction to Sulfa drugs when I was in the hospital a long time ago. I got hives all over my body, my skin peeled on my hands and torso and I itched more than I have have ever itched. I also turned very red. It can be serious so definitely call or go to the emergency room. There is a name for this type of reaction. I was told never to have sulfa drugs again and to be careful with drugs that might have small amounts in them. I have one medicine I take regularly that does have one of the sulfa family in it and I am fine with it.
    Stef
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I was told quite
    I was told quite imphatically to call the Dr. office immediately if any rash developed! Both by the Chemo people and VA (where I get my neulasta).
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

I was told quite
    I was told quite imphatically to call the Dr. office immediately if any rash developed! Both by the Chemo people and VA (where I get my neulasta).

Call your oncologist as he
    Call your oncologist as he needs to know this right away.

Kylez ♥
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

Call your oncologist as he
    Call your oncologist as he needs to know this right away.

Kylez ♥

CALL!
    I hope by now that you have called your oncologist. Let us know what you find out!

♥ Noel
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Please call onc .. asap ..
    Call me crazy ...perhaps the cocktail you've been getting is too strong ? please call your onc .. I start my chemo on 9/8 .. and side effots are no laughing matter.

WOW .. WOW. I am so very sorry.

Thanks for posting, keep up update ..

VickiSam