Dont know what to think?

Options
feniks
feniks Member Posts: 33 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi,I need advice.Wife is dx with rectal cancer and almost 18 months on chemo(FOLFOX-avastin,FOLFIRI-erbitux,cpt(irinotecan)-erbitux)She have multiple mets in her lungs.Problem is that she so tired,thank God she dont't have any pain,she can't do anything over 10-20 minutes.We think it's from chemo but ...Did anyone have the same problem?Thank you.

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Same thing
    At times I get very tired too. I will get home from work and sleep 12 hours. When I was on more chemo, like your wife, I would not work for 2-3 days and sleep much of the time. It's good to try to get involved with something but if your body is saying "rest" then follow that. The chemo can give you a beating...
    Best of luck and go with the flow
    -phil
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Same thing
    At times I get very tired too. I will get home from work and sleep 12 hours. When I was on more chemo, like your wife, I would not work for 2-3 days and sleep much of the time. It's good to try to get involved with something but if your body is saying "rest" then follow that. The chemo can give you a beating...
    Best of luck and go with the flow
    -phil

Oh Yeah!
    I know the feeling. When I get disconnected from chemo, I'm wiped out for about 4 days after, but then will start bouncing back to my old self, where you will get your energy back. Sometimes my blood gets very low and I also get blood transfusions, which just make me feel so much better, like a new person (well, it is someone elses blood, lol) but make sure the doctor is checking her iron levels and blood, that can also take alot of energy out of you, I'm anemic, so I tire easily at times.

Hope all gets better!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • zhguo48
    zhguo48 Member Posts: 23
    Options
    It's normal
    I've experienced same thing 4 years ago, and think it's pretty normal. Hanging in there and best regards.

faungg
  • grammadebbie
    grammadebbie Member Posts: 464
    Options
    zhguo48 said:

It's normal
    I've experienced same thing 4 years ago, and think it's pretty normal. Hanging in there and best regards.

faungg

Everyone responds
    Everyone responds differently. I was extremly tired. It's not just tired, it's like you have to talk yourself into eating because you don't think you can lift the sandwich (ha). Some people work and I can't even imagine that. The main thing is that she gets as much rest as she needs and doesn't feel guilty of anxious about it. This is what her body is requiring to heal. This to shall pass. God Bless you both.

Debbie (gramma)
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • feniks
    feniks Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

First of all thanks.She is
    First of all thanks.She is currently on cpt+erbitux(cpt every three weeks and erbitux every week)and neulasta after every treatment.We speak with her onc to make litlle rest because she have PET on 30 september.God bless you all.
  • krystle singer
    krystle singer Member Posts: 108
    Options
    Tired of and from chemo
    I haven't had to do chemo yet, but my niece has been on chemo since March,'09 and she is just exhausted all the time. It seems to be quite common to suffer from exhaustion when you are doing either chemo or radiation. So glad your lady has a caring gentleman at her side. It makes such a difference to have the support.

Take care of both of you,
    Sandi
  • mommyof2kds
    mommyof2kds Member Posts: 519
    Options

Tired of and from chemo
    I haven't had to do chemo yet, but my niece has been on chemo since March,'09 and she is just exhausted all the time. It seems to be quite common to suffer from exhaustion when you are doing either chemo or radiation. So glad your lady has a caring gentleman at her side. It makes such a difference to have the support.

Take care of both of you,
    Sandi

The fatigue is very normal,
    The fatigue is very normal, it knocks me down for a couple of day. I have learned that when my body wants rest, just give in and sleep.. Hope she feels better..
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Options

The fatigue is very normal,
    The fatigue is very normal, it knocks me down for a couple of day. I have learned that when my body wants rest, just give in and sleep.. Hope she feels better..

Good to hear these comments.
    I am so glad to hear that others are experiencing the same thing and that this is normal.