What should I expect after Davinci surgery

2»

Comments

• MWA1028
    MWA1028 Member Posts: 22
    NM said:

Day 3 now
    Hi MWA my name is Nick and I had the davinci thursday. I have noticed 1 thing and thats every doctor and hospital is a little different. I was out of recovery and in my room at around 9pm thursday. I asked what I could eat and the nurse said whatever i wanted. I had a tv dinner and juice, walked across the room and would have slept fairly well but every 1/2 hour or so someone wanted my vital signs temp ect. My wife had a harder time than me with the actual surgery as i slept through it lol, seriously though its harder on the spouses than us until after the surgery so please encourage her to be patient and not worry(no chance of that). My surgery took about 4 hours. I have had no major pain other than that damn gas and was advised this would last around 2 days and the surgeon was spot on on that. Sorry for rambling and my prayers will be with you. Good luck and bless you ........Nick

NM
    Hi Nick,

It sounds like you had a quick recovery. Everything must have gone perfect for you to get up & about so fast, along with having dinner! That is great news. That would be great if I could get just a few hours of sleep the 1st night. I know it will be hard on my wife. We have been married over 32 years & this is the 1st major 'crisis' we have faced together. She will have our daughter, our son, & his fiancee waiting with her while I'm having a nice 'nap'. I have charged my son & his fiancee to keep mom's mind off things by going over details of their upcoming wedding next May. I had my pre-surgery physical today & one of the nurses mentioned that the IV will be the most painful thing that I may experience. I think she was trying to put my mind at rest there. She did also say that I will experience some discomfort for a couple days as the gas works its way out of my system. We shall see. Thanks again & all the best to you. I hope & pray that you have a long & happy life.
  • Good luck
    Dear NWA1028,
    I sure hope you have better luck than I did. I'm not going to repeat my self too much. You can read all my posts at injured during surgery. My post name should really be, injured by doctor using the DaVinci robot. Good luck to you again, I hope no one out there has to go through what I had to and I still have a long way to go. I saw a small artical in my Popular Mechanics mag. that I just recieved yesterday about the next generation of the DaVinci robot.