I am better...ish

Options
Nicole Holm
Nicole Holm Member Posts: 18
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello Ladies,
Day 2 postop and I feel a little better. Have all the tubes and crab d/c'd yesturday so just drains and a heplocked IV still in me. I have gotten up lots to sit in chairs and go pee, and even sat in the shower chair and had hubby, Tim, wash my hair for me. It was great! Am going home tomorrow, whoop whoop. Not looking forward to the drive home, but am looking forward to being home where no one comes to take your vitals every time you get into a good sleep. Went off Morphine last night and just doing percocet now, which works well as long as I have food first. Makes me major sick if I don't. Dr's say flap looks really good. Got a new belly button uncovered today and a flat belly down there somewhere too.
Lymph nodes were totally clear, whoohoo, but Dr says will still get some chemo. Waiting on pathology next week to decide what I will be getting for that treatment. have to go back in about 2-3 months to get nipple created and Right breast lfted so they match. Kind of glad they waited, might have been too much on me all at once. I am ok with having some chemo, figure better safe than sorry and if there are some sneaky cells hiding somewhere else in my body i say blast em now. Course might feel differently after my hair thins and falls out, but I am trying tor emain positive.
Hubbies been here the whole time caring for me, sleeping on the ever so comfy chair/bed. I think he will be ready to get me home and let mom and dad help care for me so he can havea break, its hard on him to not be able to squish and hug me yet know i am hurting. I have conned a few foot/back rubs out of the deal so far though.
Thank you all for your support and prayers, its so great to have all of you behind me and know what I am going through.
My nerves in the flap are regenerating, feels very funny to have little twinges in my boob when I don't really feel anything else in it. Kind of feel like bride of frankenstein with all these holes, scars, and pieces stuck together.
Off to bed for now, hopefully a couple hours before i get interupted again.
Loves,
Nicole

Comments

• tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options
    Nicole
    I am so happy that all is well, I am sure that you are happy to be going home, and remember that we are all here for. You are in my prayers.
    tj
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Nicole
    Sounds like everything went ok..I am really relieved for you.

You sound like a tough lady. I know you can get thru the chemo. Ive done 5 treatments so far with 3 to go but lots of herceptin to do and reconstruction to go thru. REmember that we are always here to help you get thru it all so let us know what your chemo treatment will be.

Hugs to you

Linda t
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Hi Nicole
    Glad you are hanging in there and sounds like all is going well. You'll be home before you know it. Kudos on the foot and back rubs!! Just a little FYI: If you moan in the key of "C" you will get way better responses than in "B flat". This will get you just about ANYTHING! Batting the eyes adds extra drama too! Ok, me bad.....hope you heal quick! Pammy
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    Nicole
    Glad to hear that the surgery went well. I'm sure that you are glad to being going home. At least you'll be able to get better rest there, and hubby too!! Hugs, Diane
  • Lakegirl
    Lakegirl Member Posts: 15
    Options
    chickad52 said:

Nicole
    Glad to hear that the surgery went well. I'm sure that you are glad to being going home. At least you'll be able to get better rest there, and hubby too!! Hugs, Diane

That's great that you came
    That's great that you came through the surgery so well. I'm glad you have such a great support system. I know you will feel better when you get home.

Take care.
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole
    sounds like you are really healing well. One thing, have hubby bring a pillow for your drive home, put in right in front of you either over or under your seatbelt.
    Let us know how it goes.
    Cat
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I am so glad things are
    I am so glad things are going well for you~ sorry of course about the pain and the all but non existant snuggles from your hubby, but that too change in time. I know you will come though any and all treatment just fine! Ups and downs included, fears, exhilharation, tiredness and giddiness,hair loss or not, ALL of it!!!!!!

Tell your hubby Thank You from all of us in here; he obviously knows just how precious you are!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Glad you are doing well. I'm
    Glad you are doing well. I'm still waiting for news of your husband being able to stay with you. Make sure you tell us when that happens.
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Nicole, Thanks for the
    Nicole, Thanks for the update. So glad that you are doing well! Reading your post I felt that what you have been through has been so overwhelming. (I had a lumpectomy.) You seem so brave and have a great sense of humor.

I am glad you have such a good support system. That makes all the difference in the world. Be sure to check in and update us. Blessings, Eileen
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    Options
    Glad you are feeling so well Nicole....
    and that you get to go home where you will feel much more comfortable!!

Love and Light,
    Vicki
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Glad you are feeling so well Nicole....
    and that you get to go home where you will feel much more comfortable!!

Love and Light,
    Vicki

Glad you are feeling
    Glad you are feeling better!

Kylez ♥
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

Glad you are feeling
    Glad you are feeling better!

Kylez ♥

Happy that you are doing
    Happy that you are doing better and going home!

Kristin ♥
  • ritazimm
    ritazimm Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Great News
    I am glad to here that things are going well for you. Keep strong. You are in my prayers.

Rita