Anti Cancer A New Way of Life

Options
meena1
meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Has anyone read this book? I think I saw this mentioned in one of the posts. I found this book to be truly eye opening about how the enviorment and foods contribute to someone getting cancer. It was so facinating! I read this when I was first diagnosed, I really felt it helped me fight the cancer.

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Anti-Cancer
    Hi,Meena, Mimi recommended this book to me, and I also have found it informative and inspiring. Good that you cited it for others here.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Anti-Cancer
    Hi,Meena, Mimi recommended this book to me, and I also have found it informative and inspiring. Good that you cited it for others here.

I hope that others will read
    I hope that others will read it and follow his suggestions. I know it helped me.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Anti-Cancer

I have heard of it, but, I
    I have heard of it, but, I haven't read it yet. Sounds good. Thanks!

Hugs!
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    Options

I have heard of it, but, I
    I have heard of it, but, I haven't read it yet. Sounds good. Thanks!

Hugs!

Great Book!
    It is wonderful book--- a 'must read' for all of us!
    Jane
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I read it
    I read it and thought it was good. I know that what the surgeons and doctors do is important, but I like to do my part too. I had no idea how important exercise was until I was diagnosed. I ate right and avoided things I knew to be cancer causing, but sweat? Ugh! Now I hit the gym Monday through Friday doing an hour every morning and I try to walk a lot more the rest of the time. I'm still no athlete and I still can't run far or fast but I feel better. If it helps to stop cancer from coming back, great. If not, I still feel better and can do daily living sorts of things (dashing out of the rain, getting up stairs, and picking up groceries) better than I used to and much better than some folks my age. I cringe at what our young people are doing to themselves by getting overweight and out of shape in their teens. They are headed for trouble bigtime. It is important that all kids find sports they enjoy as participants, not just the varsity-bound jocks. If you have daughters, urge them to eat right and get active. It makes a difference.
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    cabbott said:

I read it
    I read it and thought it was good. I know that what the surgeons and doctors do is important, but I like to do my part too. I had no idea how important exercise was until I was diagnosed. I ate right and avoided things I knew to be cancer causing, but sweat? Ugh! Now I hit the gym Monday through Friday doing an hour every morning and I try to walk a lot more the rest of the time. I'm still no athlete and I still can't run far or fast but I feel better. If it helps to stop cancer from coming back, great. If not, I still feel better and can do daily living sorts of things (dashing out of the rain, getting up stairs, and picking up groceries) better than I used to and much better than some folks my age. I cringe at what our young people are doing to themselves by getting overweight and out of shape in their teens. They are headed for trouble bigtime. It is important that all kids find sports they enjoy as participants, not just the varsity-bound jocks. If you have daughters, urge them to eat right and get active. It makes a difference.

Cabbott
    I agree with you 100%!!The young kids today, all some of them want to do is watch TV or play video games. In a way progress may not be good. Diane
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    chickad52 said:

Cabbott
    I agree with you 100%!!The young kids today, all some of them want to do is watch TV or play video games. In a way progress may not be good. Diane

No, I haven't read this
    No, I haven't read this book, but, I will try to get it. Thanks!

Kylez ♥