CT scan results + welcome to newcomers

Options
dmc_emmy
dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I know the results could be worse, but I would like to see a perfect CT scan with no new growths (wishful thinking, eh?). I still don't know why have a spleen-like organ where I shouldn't have a spleen (since mine ruptured over 12 years ago and was removed) and I also don't the significance of a nodular on my liver (something that is "suggestive of a cavernous hemangioma") since the dr reviewing the CT suggests further testing due to my bc history. If it is a hemangioma, no big deal, and it's most likely to be beign.

I plan to see my surgeon on Tuesday, a woman with whom I place total trust, to get a second opinion--especially since no one from the oncologist office has called me to even discuss the results with me. I'm not necessarily worried, but I think I need to thoroughly investigate all these strange happenings.

While I'm online, I would like to welcome all the newcomers. Sorry for the reason of your joining the boards, but you will find amazing support here.

I may not be on as often as I have been during the summer months, since my work begins this coming week and my students return on the 8th. I tend to be too tired to do much of anything once I return home, except make a simple dinner and then crawl into bed. My job is far too stressful (SpEd teacher of some very relunctant learners). I'm not taking any classes this semester (possibly all year) so I will be able to take time to be with my family and my dog and simply relax a little. I've decided to take a break from the constant go, go, go I have done in years past. If I don't post for weeks at time, at least you'll know why :)

Until we meet again in cyberville my friends, I bid you a return to good heatlh and peace.
dmc

Comments

• Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Hi DMC
    Glad to see you post and thanks for giving us the heads up on why you will be posting less often. I think once I return back to work, I will probably be posting less often too. Not for a few more months though.
    Sorry to here about the results, but I think you are wise to have it checked out. Good luck and please keep us posted on what your Onc says.
    Pammy
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Hi DMC
    Glad to see you post and thanks for giving us the heads up on why you will be posting less often. I think once I return back to work, I will probably be posting less often too. Not for a few more months though.
    Sorry to here about the results, but I think you are wise to have it checked out. Good luck and please keep us posted on what your Onc says.
    Pammy

I hope everything works out
    I hope everything works out for you dmc. Don't work too hard!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣