Chemo port implanted today

Options
m_azingrace
m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi all. This morning I had the chemo port installed. I was not prepared for it to take so long...my fault for not finding out. But it's over now. I'm very tired and sore, but okay. It was a long day, and a long drive home [we're 2 hours from the hospital]. But now I can rest and have HubbyDearest wait on me for the whole weekend. So now I'm one more step closer to the chemotheray. Monday we meet with the oncologist to discuss the course of treatment. Thanks to everyone here who've held me in their thoughts, expressed good wishes and have prayed for me. Gracie

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Hi Gracie, like you said one
    Hi Gracie, like you said one more step closer to the start of a different journey. It will make it much easier on you, having the port. Now, sit back and rest up this weekend. Keep us posted on your treatments. Hugs, Lili
  • sunshine1961
    sunshine1961 Member Posts: 13
    Options
    I had a port put in last week
    The next morning I felt like I got hit in the shoulder real hard ,ice helps. Also sleeping on an incline helps. I didn't know how much pressure you put on your shoulder when you get up. Good luck... so far mine is healed and used it for 1st time at chemo yesterday. The nurse srayed some numbing sray didn't even hurt.
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options

I had a port put in last week
    The next morning I felt like I got hit in the shoulder real hard ,ice helps. Also sleeping on an incline helps. I didn't know how much pressure you put on your shoulder when you get up. Good luck... so far mine is healed and used it for 1st time at chemo yesterday. The nurse srayed some numbing sray didn't even hurt.

Gracie
    I hope you get to feeling better. I got my port in on monday and then a chemo on tuesday, so i know how sore you are. They left a needle in mine with iv tubing coming out of it and taped it up with gauze on monday so they could use that tube and needle for my chemo the next day. My shoulder has been hurting to when i go to lay down and that stinks. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

laura
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Hi Gracie. You are one step
    Hi Gracie. You are one step closer with getting the port. Let your husband pamper you. You deserve it. Get some rest. Praying for you!

Hugs!