my new info and financial help for my sisters

Options
peggypeggy
peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
cancer care 1800 813 4673 gives grants for home care child care transportation also provides oncology social workers
they are partners with susan g komen breast cancer foundation called arms program
which provides financial help with hormonal and oral chemotherapy pain and anti nausea medicine lymphedema supplies.
the cancer co payment foundation provides copayment financial help with co payment and out of pocket money for chemothereay phone number 1 866 552 6729 hopes this helps luv peggy god bless
hope i can get more for you

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    You are an angel for getting
    You are an angel for getting and posting this vital information! I am sure it will help so many of our Sisters in Pink~ and a brother or 2 as well!

Thank you so very much!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

You are an angel for getting
    You are an angel for getting and posting this vital information! I am sure it will help so many of our Sisters in Pink~ and a brother or 2 as well!

Thank you so very much!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Thanks for the information
    Thanks for the information Peggy. I am sure lots can use it.

I just finished radiation treatments. You had some questions? Maybe I could help you.

Leeza
  • peggypeggy
    Options
    jnl said:

Thanks for the information
    Thanks for the information Peggy. I am sure lots can use it.

I just finished radiation treatments. You had some questions? Maybe I could help you.

Leeza

thank you
    im just scared what if they miss or aim is off will i burn can they hit something else by mistake im not complainig but im nerveous hope you can help were you scared first time god bless luv peggy congradulations on being done are you all okay now
  • jnl
    Options

thank you
    im just scared what if they miss or aim is off will i burn can they hit something else by mistake im not complainig but im nerveous hope you can help were you scared first time god bless luv peggy congradulations on being done are you all okay now

Trust me, they don't miss
    Trust me, they don't miss Peggy. With their computers and the new equipment, everything is pinpointed with precision. Your first appointment is what they call a simulation. It takes a good hour at least. Your tumor and the target area is lined up by computers and laser looking lights. They only radiate the tumor area and whatever other area your radiation oncologist deams needs done. It can be even under your arm. They don't miss or hit somewhere else. Not in this day and age. It is normal to be scared, but, don't be. ok? The radiation is even done in like 3D now, sort of concave, so that it doesn't go further than it is suppose to. My rads onocolgist showed me everything on the computers. It is very interesting actually.

Leeza
  • peggypeggy
    Options
    jnl said:

Trust me, they don't miss
    Trust me, they don't miss Peggy. With their computers and the new equipment, everything is pinpointed with precision. Your first appointment is what they call a simulation. It takes a good hour at least. Your tumor and the target area is lined up by computers and laser looking lights. They only radiate the tumor area and whatever other area your radiation oncologist deams needs done. It can be even under your arm. They don't miss or hit somewhere else. Not in this day and age. It is normal to be scared, but, don't be. ok? The radiation is even done in like 3D now, sort of concave, so that it doesn't go further than it is suppose to. My rads onocolgist showed me everything on the computers. It is very interesting actually.

Leeza

thank you
    i had my mold made monday and had pictures taken and i have pen dot tatoos permenat did you get them this is my email peggysue123@yahoo.com and my phone is 570836 6203 ty for you help everything happened so fast ty for being here god bless peggy i love that cat
  • jnl
    Options

thank you
    i had my mold made monday and had pictures taken and i have pen dot tatoos permenat did you get them this is my email peggysue123@yahoo.com and my phone is 570836 6203 ty for you help everything happened so fast ty for being here god bless peggy i love that cat

Yes, I got the permanent
    Yes, I got the permanent tattoos. But, they are so small. Even the rad tech's had trouble seeing a couple of them. lol That just helps them line up the machine too. And, they say they are good incase you are ever in a wreck. Then, the doctors and nurses will know that you had radiation in that area. Just be calm about this Peggy. It is killing any stray cancer cells and once you start, you are only there for a few minutes. It is just the going everyday that will wear on you mainly. Ask anything. I will try and help you out. Mainly, just get lots of rest and use the creams they allow you to use as soon as you can. I did from day one.

Hugs, Leeza

glad you like my cat lol

p.s. If you want info about rads from others too, you might just start your own thread named RADS or Radiation Treatments or something and ask questions for everyone to answer that can. Just an idea. You might hear from several then.
  • Sherry_Ranuio
    Sherry_Ranuio Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Thank you!
    Wow! This is great information! Thank you for sharing! I am going to give this info to my friend, she may really need this!

Take Care and God Bless!
    Sherry
  • jnl
    Options

Thank you!
    Wow! This is great information! Thank you for sharing! I am going to give this info to my friend, she may really need this!

Take Care and God Bless!
    Sherry

Sherry, I would be happy to
    Sherry, I would be happy to answer any question about rads. I think a lot here will. Several are still in rads and some just finished like me. Just start a topic of your own, if you want. Rads are very doable, nothing like chemo. I admire you bc survivors that do chemo.

Hugs, Leeza
  • peggypeggy
    Options
    jnl said:

Yes, I got the permanent
    Yes, I got the permanent tattoos. But, they are so small. Even the rad tech's had trouble seeing a couple of them. lol That just helps them line up the machine too. And, they say they are good incase you are ever in a wreck. Then, the doctors and nurses will know that you had radiation in that area. Just be calm about this Peggy. It is killing any stray cancer cells and once you start, you are only there for a few minutes. It is just the going everyday that will wear on you mainly. Ask anything. I will try and help you out. Mainly, just get lots of rest and use the creams they allow you to use as soon as you can. I did from day one.

Hugs, Leeza

glad you like my cat lol

p.s. If you want info about rads from others too, you might just start your own thread named RADS or Radiation Treatments or something and ask questions for everyone to answer that can. Just an idea. You might hear from several then.

i love that cat
    she makes me happy ty for the cat god bless luv peggy
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options

thank you

take longer to dress and
    take longer to dress and undress than to take rads. had to take 33 of them just got sick of going everyday
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    peggy
    You are an absolute angel for posting all this info. I'm saving all your threads to my favorites, just in case.

Thank you,

Aurora
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    jnl said:

Yes, I got the permanent

Hugs, Leeza

glad you like my cat lol

Question
    How does that feel getting zapped under the arm? Oh, I do love the cat too.

Pat
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    aztec45 said:

Question
    How does that feel getting zapped under the arm? Oh, I do love the cat too.

Pat

You don't feel anything when
    You don't feel anything when you get zapped anywhere. So, if the machine didn't make a noise or the tech's tell you to lie still, you wouldn't even know.

♣Susie♠
  • peggypeggy
    Options

peggy
    You are an absolute angel for posting all this info. I'm saving all your threads to my favorites, just in case.

Thank you,

Aurora

you are very welcome
    everyday i try to find more if you need any help anyone and cant pay for something let me know i find find someplace to help god bless you all luv peggy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Thanks .. PeggyPeggy
    I've been on the phone with my insurance company this morning. No firm commitments regarding what will be paid or not. This drives me crazy ...!

Thanks for the telephone number ...

VickiSam
  • peggypeggy
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Thanks .. PeggyPeggy
    I've been on the phone with my insurance company this morning. No firm commitments regarding what will be paid or not. This drives me crazy ...!

Thanks for the telephone number ...

VickiSam

your welcome
    glad to help god bless luv peg
  • jnl
    Options

i love that cat
    she makes me happy ty for the cat god bless luv peggy

I am glad that my cat makes
    I am glad that my cat makes you happy Peggy! That makes me happy in return! :)

Leeza
  • chilibbq
    chilibbq Member Posts: 30
    Options

your welcome
    glad to help god bless luv peg

Thank you
    Thank you Peggy! My Corrine had to switch to weekly treatments, since her onc said she could not take the 3 week dose she started with. She thought with 3 weeks between treatments, she would be able to drive herself when I was not able. Our plan then was that we would plan my work schedule each week and take her in town. Now, we were hit with another wall. I cannot drive her or be near her until we meet with all of her doctors, seperately of course. I have been exposed but do not have MRSA. WE have been concerned about how she was going to get to chemo (family not reliable...ouch). A grant or financial assistance for rides would be GREAT! Money is running low. Thanks for the info.

God bless you,

Ken
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    chilibbq said:

Thank you
    Thank you Peggy! My Corrine had to switch to weekly treatments, since her onc said she could not take the 3 week dose she started with. She thought with 3 weeks between treatments, she would be able to drive herself when I was not able. Our plan then was that we would plan my work schedule each week and take her in town. Now, we were hit with another wall. I cannot drive her or be near her until we meet with all of her doctors, seperately of course. I have been exposed but do not have MRSA. WE have been concerned about how she was going to get to chemo (family not reliable...ouch). A grant or financial assistance for rides would be GREAT! Money is running low. Thanks for the info.

God bless you,

Ken

Getting to chemo
    You may want to check with the hospital she is getting chemo at. Some have programs to pick you up and take you home. Also, check with your local ACS as they have a road to recovery program that will assist with rides as well. Good luck and keep us posted! Pammy