This is for the Newbies to the site

Options
2»

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Thanks Ladies!!
    Thank you for welcoming me into the fold. I feel safe here.Like the wagons have circled. And right now that is much needed.
    Funny thing, I've telling averyone "It is what it is" from the start. Especially the ones who start crying. I seem to be the one comforting them telling them it will be fine! Strange huh?
    I go for my pro-op consults on Fri so hopfully will know when I'll have to say goodbye to the "girls." Maybe I should have a going away party for them? I'll give it some thought.
    God only gives us what we can handle....thats why he choose us. We are strong and have the attitude to get through this.
    You all are in my prayers!
    YTPS, susan

Susan Marie .. Welcome to one of the strongest networks of
    WOMEN. I have been in the business world over 17 years, member of Orange County and Internation Business Organizations, and never ever met a stronger group of WOMEN.

Women on our boards come from every walk of life, empty nesters, newly married, single, divorce etc .. but there is 1 common thread - the thread of survival. We laugh, we cry and more importantly share information and love.

If I could give you 1 piece of advise it would be to have someone go with you to your next appointment .. pre-op and consult. Or take a tape recorder. There will be technical termology thrown your way, and just as you gather your arms around 1 phase or surgery .. our doctors (bless them) will be heading down another path of discussion.

I too have chosen a bi-lateral mact'my. I am DCIS High grade, invasive & Her2 positive.

Love and prayers to you.

VickiSam
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Susan Marie .. Welcome to one of the strongest networks of
    WOMEN. I have been in the business world over 17 years, member of Orange County and Internation Business Organizations, and never ever met a stronger group of WOMEN.

Women on our boards come from every walk of life, empty nesters, newly married, single, divorce etc .. but there is 1 common thread - the thread of survival. We laugh, we cry and more importantly share information and love.

If I could give you 1 piece of advise it would be to have someone go with you to your next appointment .. pre-op and consult. Or take a tape recorder. There will be technical termology thrown your way, and just as you gather your arms around 1 phase or surgery .. our doctors (bless them) will be heading down another path of discussion.

I too have chosen a bi-lateral mact'my. I am DCIS High grade, invasive & Her2 positive.

Love and prayers to you.

VickiSam

Hi
    I just want to say hi to the newbies, since I was one not long ago.

Hugs, Diane ♥