Surgery went well

Options
ritazimm
ritazimm Member Posts: 171
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had the DIEP flap surgery on Tuesday and all went well. The flap is 'taking' well and my pain level is very manageable. Narcotics make me sick so I'm just taking Tylenol thus far and that seems to be enough. They had a novacaine type pump in the abdominal incision so that has helped too. Unfurtunately it got caught on my ogwn last night and had to be pulled out but I'm still doing well. I think I'll get to go home tomorrow, which I am anxious for. It is too boring here and too many interruptions. They were doing the 'flap' checks every hour and have finally cut back to every two hours, but it is certainly hard to get any sleep. I get to have solid foods today so I will enjoy having someone else doing the cooking though.

Hope you all are doing well this week. Have a great weekend. You're in my prayers.
Rita

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Rita,
    Glad it is going so

Rita,
    Glad it is going so well. I know what you mean about wanting to go home. It is hard to sleep and rest when the nurses are doing all they have to do. Hooray for solid food. Take care, take it easy, and you are in my prayers that all continues well along this part of your journey.
    Stef
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    Rita
    Glad your surgery went well. I know it's very hard to sleep in the hospital. But you will be home before you know it. Be well and Hugs, Diane:)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    chickad52 said:

Rita
    Glad your surgery went well. I know it's very hard to sleep in the hospital. But you will be home before you know it. Be well and Hugs, Diane:)

So glad your surgery is over
    So glad your surgery is over now Rita! Soon you will be home resting in your own bed.

Leeza
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    fauxma said:

Rita,
    Glad it is going so

Rita,
    Glad it is going so well. I know what you mean about wanting to go home. It is hard to sleep and rest when the nurses are doing all they have to do. Hooray for solid food. Take care, take it easy, and you are in my prayers that all continues well along this part of your journey.
    Stef

Rita ☻
    Rita, so happy that your surgery is over. Soon you will be home recuperating. Take care!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hi Rita
    It sounds like everything went well for your surgery...I am really happy for you.

You will rest so much better at home...We nurses are horrible about waking people up but you know truly their hearts are in the right place.

Hugs
    Linda T
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi Rita
    It sounds like everything went well for your surgery...I am really happy for you.

You will rest so much better at home...We nurses are horrible about waking people up but you know truly their hearts are in the right place.

Hugs
    Linda T

Yea!
    Your surgery is over. Now, if those nurses will just leave you alone. You can never get any sleep in a hospital. Tomorrow you will be home and healing with each new day!

♥ Noel
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    Such good news Rita, so happy it is over and that you are doing well! Be kind to yourself and enjoy your weekend!

Hugs,

RE
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    RE said:

:-)
    Such good news Rita, so happy it is over and that you are doing well! Be kind to yourself and enjoy your weekend!

Hugs,

RE

Really great news!

Gentle hugs!
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Thanks for posting Rita
    Glad to hear you are doing well. Soon you will be home and sleeping in! Be sure to take care of ypurself. Pammy
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Thanks for posting Rita
    Glad to hear you are doing well. Soon you will be home and sleeping in! Be sure to take care of ypurself. Pammy

Happy to know that your
    Happy to know that your surgery went well! Rest and recuperate now!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • ritazimm
    ritazimm Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Thank you All.
    Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. I am HOME! It sure feels good to get home. I had a shower and a two hour nap this afternoon in my own bed. Tonight will he an early bedtime for me as I am quite exhausted.

I was able to get my IV and one of my 4 drains out so I came home with only 3 tubes sticking out of me. Since I started out with 6, three is feeling like a relief! I will see the doctor on Thursday and hopefully get rid of a couple more.

RE, what a beautiful baby on your photo. Is that a new grandbaby?

I guess I'll have a few weeks to sit around and rest so I'll have lots of extra time to pray for everyone. I can assure you that the prayers of many have seen me through.

God bless.
    Rita
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ritazimm said:

Thank you All.
    Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. I am HOME! It sure feels good to get home. I had a shower and a two hour nap this afternoon in my own bed. Tonight will he an early bedtime for me as I am quite exhausted.

I was able to get my IV and one of my 4 drains out so I came home with only 3 tubes sticking out of me. Since I started out with 6, three is feeling like a relief! I will see the doctor on Thursday and hopefully get rid of a couple more.

I guess I'll have a few weeks to sit around and rest so I'll have lots of extra time to pray for everyone. I can assure you that the prayers of many have seen me through.

God bless.
    Rita

So glad you are home Rita
    So glad you are home Rita and got some of the drains out. Those are horrible! Now, just rest and recuperate.

HUGS!
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    ritazimm said:

Thank you All.

God bless.
    Rita

great news Rita
    glad you are home and all is going great! Take the time to rest and recuperate!
    =^..^=
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    cats_toy said:

great news Rita
    glad you are home and all is going great! Take the time to rest and recuperate!
    =^..^=

Yea, you are home! You will
    Yea, you are home! You will feel so much better now. Let us know how you are doing!

♣Susie♠
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    ritazimm said:

Thank you All.

God bless.
    Rita

So happy that you are home
    So happy that you are home now. You will heal and rest so much better. Keep posting for us.

Lex♥