Hit in the chest

sweetgeorgia
sweetgeorgia Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi All - I am waiting for my lumpectomy next week to get the non-invassive, but malignant DCIS out of my right breast. This morning my son accidently kicked me while stretching [while I was trying to wake him] and now it has been hurting all day. I would like to think that maybe it just irritated the scar tissue from the biopsy, but now I'm sort of freaking that it's something else. I probably shouldn't worry and one more week isn't going to matter, right?

Comments

• tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    If it is bothering you that
    If it is bothering you that much call your doctor, it is possible that he could have caused some bleeding so check with your doc, okay
    tj
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Kick.......
    Can't say for sure, but I bet it is just sore from the kick,coming on the heels of a biopsy. I had my biopsy in April and lumpectomy in May and I know, honestly, I was more sore from the biopsy......
    Best wishes and prayers for your upcoming surgery
    Nancy
  • sweetgeorgia
    sweetgeorgia Member Posts: 10
    tjhay said:

If it is bothering you that
    If it is bothering you that much call your doctor, it is possible that he could have caused some bleeding so check with your doc, okay
    tj

Good point about the
    Good point about the bleeding - thanks!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Kicked in the chest by my dog several days after surgery
    I scream due to the pain. I called my doctor who advised me to put a ice pack on 15 mintues every 2 hours. I was recently rechecked and he said everying looked ok. I am not healing as quickly as he thought (he is not the general surgeron, who sliced and diced me).

I would call and to get doctors recommendations.

Hugs,

VickiSam
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    VickiSam said:

Kicked in the chest by my dog several days after surgery
    I scream due to the pain. I called my doctor who advised me to put a ice pack on 15 mintues every 2 hours. I was recently rechecked and he said everying looked ok. I am not healing as quickly as he thought (he is not the general surgeron, who sliced and diced me).

I would call and to get doctors recommendations.

Hugs,

VickiSam

Call doc
    I would say, call your doctor. And, let us know what you find out and how you are later.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣