finally some news

Options
snommintj
snommintj Member Posts: 601
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I get chemoembolization and some RFA on tuesday the 8th, on the 17th they are removing the left side of my thyroid. Then I am getting some more RFA in the first week of october. Hopefully I will be able to begin folfox again soon there after. There isn't any sign of disease in my left lung and three of my liver lesions have cleared up. I have on large lesion in my right lobe, three small nodules in my right lung and two small inoperable lesions in the porta caval cavity, probably in the lymph nodes. My doctors want to clear everything else up, then get me back on chemo, to hopefully get the two small lesion in the lymph. My doctors have been waiting to see if any of my other tumors were killed of by the chemo. In all, 9 tumors completely disappeared. That's pretty good.

Comments

• nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Options
    Sounds
    like you and your doctors have a plan and hopefully you are happy with it. Great news about the 9 disappearing tumors.
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    Good news!
    Sounds good John

Lot of good news this week. RFA is effective and it worked for me. You've had alot to contend with and you've made great progress.

Pulling for you all the way.

-Craig
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    Options
    News
    This sounds like good news to me. Wow 9 tumors completely disappeared!!!! How great.. I know that doen't mean NED but it is moving in the right direction. Good luck John, Paula
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    Paula G. said:

News
    This sounds like good news to me. Wow 9 tumors completely disappeared!!!! How great.. I know that doen't mean NED but it is moving in the right direction. Good luck John, Paula

Sounds great!
    I feel happy for you John, sounds like a great plan you're on, I hope it clears it all up till you're NED!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • mommyof2kds
    mommyof2kds Member Posts: 519
    Options
    Wonderful news.. Sounds like
    Wonderful news.. Sounds like you have a great group of doctors working with you. Hang in there, you are doing great.. Petrina
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    John! That rocks!!
    I'm so happy to hear this news! You hang in there and I'll be praying for you. You're my hero.

Diane
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Options
    Way to go, John
    Things are heading in the right direction. Stay strong, and I'm sending a big hug for all that you're going through.

Leslie
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    I am very happy for you
    I am very happy for you too,John.Anyway sounds like your doctors are treating you very aggressively,this is good. I hope you will be all cleared up soon.Take care.
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Good news
    It looks like things are starting to improve for you,I
    am very happy for you.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Good!
    John,

That sounds pretty good to me! I'm glad you have a plan, and I'll be praying for you.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Good!
    John,

That sounds pretty good to me! I'm glad you have a plan, and I'll be praying for you.

*hugs*
    Gail

John
    John - You have been throught the ringer. I hope things continue to go in a positive direction for you. As Rocky said in his last movie - It`s not how hard you hit. It`s how hard you can get hit and still keep moving forward. We have many tough fighters and warriors on this board.

Eric ( : . )
  • jenalynet
    jenalynet Member Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Great news
    Hi,
    This sounds like real good news for you. Nine tumors, that's fantastic. I will be keeping you in my thoughts. Hugs, Audrey.
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    good to hear
    John,
    That's great to hear..... 9 tumors completely disappeared. Wow! You are one amazing guy.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Mike49
    Mike49 Member Posts: 261
    Options
    Greatn news
    T think that's great news.
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    Great News
    So glad to hear this news, I bet you are just jumping up and down. Now on to NED, cant wait for you to meet him, its a wonderful feeling. Good Luck my friend.....

God Bless
    Beth
  • snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601
    Options
    dorookie said:

Great News
    So glad to hear this news, I bet you are just jumping up and down. Now on to NED, cant wait for you to meet him, its a wonderful feeling. Good Luck my friend.....

God Bless
    Beth

NED
    I was NED for three weeks a couple of months ago. Me and NED aren't that close, I've been telling him that sometimes I can be harsh and abrasive but am usually a nice guy. Hopefully he'll visit me again.
  • snommintj said:

NED
    I was NED for three weeks a couple of months ago. Me and NED aren't that close, I've been telling him that sometimes I can be harsh and abrasive but am usually a nice guy. Hopefully he'll visit me again.

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Julie 44
    Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Way cool
    Hey John,
    That is so good to hear your news...Its about time it comes your way...Hopefully you will see the "light" at the end of the NED tunnel soon...JULIE
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    Options
    Julie 44 said:

Way cool
    Hey John,
    That is so good to hear your news...Its about time it comes your way...Hopefully you will see the "light" at the end of the NED tunnel soon...JULIE

Poster Guy
    You are one of the poster boys on this site......you have
    been thru so much and still have a great attitude and have
    been a great support to others here......sounds good that some
    of those tumors have disappeared, you're responding to
    treatment and am sending positive vibes your way that
    the progress will continue.

Huggs,
    Barbara
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    you're an inspiration
    Hi John,

I'm glad to hear of your tumors that disappeared! You are an inspiration to me in the way you've kept on going and keep fighting things off. Anytime I wonder how long can I keep this up, you are one of the ones I remember as having been through quite a lot, but you keep on going. (Kind of like the Timex watch commercial from a few years ago... You take a licking, but you keep on ticking!

Keep on!

Lisa