Options
2»

Comments

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Cat64 said:

Hi LT
    Welcome! You have definetely come to the right place. I was diagnosed the day b/4 you were. It does change your life in more ways than one. As for the pats on the back & the smileys, that's just ones way of letting you know they are there for you, they care, and to try to keep a posotive attitude through all this! Some people just don't know what to say. At the end of your battle when your cancer is gone, you will one day have your "old reality" back. It just may take a while to get there.
    I too am a caretaker, but, now you have to realize the only person that needs taking care of is ("YOU"). YOU are most important right now. What you want, what you need! Believe it or not, they will survive without you.
    I was also sent to a surgeon first. We discussed what I have, what I need to do, what I wanted to do, and then he reffered me to the Oncologist to go over my course of treatment. He will probably do further testing to determine if I can handle the treatment or not. Every situation seems to be different. Keep reading the board, asking ?'s, you will find an enourmous amount of info here. My surgeon was impressed with my knowledge, it was all because of the people here!
    Keep us posted!
    Prayers & Hugz
    Cat

Hi Lt. I also want to
    Hi Lt. I also want to welcome you here. I met my oncologist first, then my plastic surgeon, then the rads oncologist, then the nutritionist and last, but not least, the counselor. It was all done in one day in a very nice setting. It made it very nice for my husband and I to see and meet everyone in one day. We took a tape recorder because we knew we wouldn't remember everything. Good luck to you Lt!

Kylez ♥