Leg Fatigue

Options
redriverartist
redriverartist Member Posts: 54
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi, All - I'm 5 months out of chemo (ACT) and am still experiencing awful leg tiredness especially when I bend over to do something. Is this normal?

Thanks, TJ

Comments

• chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    TJ
    Sorry to hear that your legs are still tired. I'm still in chemo and haven't experienced any leg tiredness. What does the doc say? Hugs, Diane
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    chickad52 said:

TJ
    Sorry to hear that your legs are still tired. I'm still in chemo and haven't experienced any leg tiredness. What does the doc say? Hugs, Diane

Well I'm still in chemo and
    Well I'm still in chemo and I can barely walk any distance! Between my legs feeling like they have 50lb. weights attached and my big toe nails coming off, walking any distance is torture...tell me it will stop.........
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Hi TJ and Welcome! I don't
    Hi TJ and Welcome! I don't know if that is normal or not. What does your oncologist say? I think a few posted today about having neuropathy after chemo. You might see if that is what you have. Good luck!

Hugs!
  • redriverartist
    redriverartist Member Posts: 54
    Options
    chickad52 said:

TJ

Toenails
    Both my big toe nails came off. They're slowly growing back but the prescription wasn't what worked - it was the green tea brush on ointment that's working great. My oncologist has poo poo'd every symptom I've had and hesitate to even mention this. Was hoping someone on this board could help Thnx, teresa
  • djteach
    djteach Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Hi TJ,
    I don't have leg

Hi TJ,

I don't have leg tiredness, but I have numbness and then stinging/stabbing pains for only about 3 seconds. It has stared in my hands now. My onc. says no way it was chemo and rads because that was too long ago, 2005. I also have other complications besides bc. I have Lupus and fibromialgia, which can also cause neuropathy. I think it was Moopy on another post that said her dr. told her to take 50mg. of B6. She said it helps, but I'm not sure about the tiredness. Keep going to drs. until you find out what it is, don't give up.

Love and gentle hugs,
    Donna
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hey TJ
    My legs were tired from surgery and deconditioning and you know what truly helps??? Nice gentle yoga exercises and I am not lying to you. That coupled with a walking program with hills involved and some stationary biking will really help.

You should to to the store and see about getting a yoga tape by Rodney Yee. He is wonderful and there are exercises that you can do which are gentle and will help both your flexibility and strength.

Check with your doc first to see if its ok, but I have so much more energy and strength when I keep up with it.

Hugs
    Linda T
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    mlmjt1 said:

Hey TJ
    My legs were tired from surgery and deconditioning and you know what truly helps??? Nice gentle yoga exercises and I am not lying to you. That coupled with a walking program with hills involved and some stationary biking will really help.

You should to to the store and see about getting a yoga tape by Rodney Yee. He is wonderful and there are exercises that you can do which are gentle and will help both your flexibility and strength.

Check with your doc first to see if its ok, but I have so much more energy and strength when I keep up with it.

Hugs
    Linda T

Hi Tj. I hope you get to
    Hi Tj. I hope you get to feeling better!

Kylez ♥
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Hi Teresa. Love your new
    Hi Teresa. Love your new picture! You probably are still experiencing se's from chemo. It seems like several here have brought this up. I hope you find some relief from it.

Leeza
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options

Toenails
    Both my big toe nails came off. They're slowly growing back but the prescription wasn't what worked - it was the green tea brush on ointment that's working great. My oncologist has poo poo'd every symptom I've had and hesitate to even mention this. Was hoping someone on this board could help Thnx, teresa

I had the heaviness as well,
    I had the heaviness as well, and whereas I can't give you a time line, as with everything else, I just gradually noticed I kept getting healthier and stronger. I can soo relate to your oncologist; maybe we are seeing the same DR!! Or his clone at least!
    When the neulasta absolutely debilitated me so much that my Reggie had to support my neck so that I could get out of bed to pee, my Dr looked at me as if I were a wimp and a whiner. He actually told me that MOST people have no adverse raction at all, and those who do have only mild aches. He never told me that I could take anything to alleviate the pain. He also never asked how or if I was sleeping, or if I was anxious or depressed...so I suffered through all of it. I sadly figured everything that was happening to me was "supposed" to be, and that my DR would have told me and prescribed things for me otherwise.I sure know differently now!

Be your own best advocate~ I am glad you found something for the toenails and I hope you find something to relieve the leg heaviness, as well!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

PS Your picture is BEAUTIFUL!