More update

Options
Fight for my love
Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi dear all,we went to see the surgeon on Monday.After checking,the surgeon said to my husband:"You had great response to the chemo and radiation,the left over mass is just like a size of a Dime."Well,this is the second good news after we saw the surgeon two weeks ago.The original dimension of the mass was about 5 cm,so I can say the bad thing got dramatically shrank,no wonder last time the surgeon even couldn't feel it with his finger.The surgeon also said,by the time of surgery,it could be even smaller because the radiation will still work for 5-6 weeks inside of the rectum after the treatment stops.It seems that the surgeon was pretty happy with the result.Anyway I think this is a good thing to share with you guys.Lots of thanks to all of you,thanks for all the supports and help from you.

Comments

• angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    good news i am happy for you both maybe another ned coming soon,

michelle
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    Very Good :)
    Hey, that sounds pretty good to me!

I had to have chemo and radiation to shrink my tumor before my surgery too.

Glad you got good news...you have come a long way very quickly. Thank you for the update.

-Craig
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

Very Good :)
    Hey, that sounds pretty good to me!

I had to have chemo and radiation to shrink my tumor before my surgery too.

Glad you got good news...you have come a long way very quickly. Thank you for the update.

-Craig

Yay!!
    For your hubby! I hope it shrinks to nothing! Hopefully all will just go away!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • KFen725
    KFen725 Member Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yes!
    Glad to hear this! May it keep on shrinking to nothing!!! Sending prayers & encouragement your way :)
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Good news
    Thats good news,if it dosn't shrink to nothing,then they should be able to get it all when they do the surgery,that's what happened with me,I will send you all my luck,and pray that he will be NED.
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    Options
    OK!!
    the incredible shrinking spot, sounds like very good news;
    hope he continues to do well and that surgery is successful.

Barbara
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Wow
    Wow, that's great! I'm so glad you got such good news!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Wow
    Wow, that's great! I'm so glad you got such good news!

*hugs*
    Gail

Same thing for me...
    Congrats on the good news.........
  • donnare
    donnare Member Posts: 266
    Options
    Great news
    So happy for you both- hope it keeps shrinking til gone too!

Be well,
    Donna
  • Janet3
    Janet3 Member Posts: 59
    Options
    Happy for you both!
    More proof that miracles happen every day!
    Janet
  • Fight for my love
    Options
    Hi dear all,thank you very
    Hi dear all,thank you very much for all the replies and responses.Without the support from you guys,I really don't know if I could make it.Thank you very much,I appreciate a lot.
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Just to let you know that I
    Just to let you know that I feel happy for both of you,because of these news.
  • lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Options
    Awesome news!
    Great to hear for you both!!

Leslie
  • Fight for my love
    Options
    lesvanb said:

Awesome news!
    Great to hear for you both!!

Leslie

Thank you very much,Leslie.I
    Thank you very much,Leslie.I just read your story,I am sure that you feel very fresh after such a long battle.I am very happy for you too.Please stay NED for now and forever.
  • Fight for my love
    Options
    betina61 said:

Just to let you know that I
    Just to let you know that I feel happy for both of you,because of these news.

Hi Betina,I am very happy
    Hi Betina,I am very happy for you too.I know you just reached your three-year NED!Thank you.
  • SandyL
    SandyL Member Posts: 218
    Options

Thank you very much,Leslie.I
    Thank you very much,Leslie.I just read your story,I am sure that you feel very fresh after such a long battle.I am very happy for you too.Please stay NED for now and forever.

Yeah,
    way to go you little tumor, you. Keep on shrinkin! So happy to hear this news.
    Sandy
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    wonderful news!
    This is wonderful news- so glad to hear it!
    My rectal tumor (which was about 4 cm) shrank only mildly during my chemo (I had great response in my liver tumors, however). Anyhow, the doctors weren't expecting a whole lot to happen to it during radiation, except maybe shrink it some and soften it in preparation for surgery (to try to save the sphincter, so I didn't end up w/ a permanent colostomy). Anyhow, everyone was amazed when I had follow up sigmoidoscopy/scan (which they do about 4 weeks after radiation ends because the radiation continues to work for a while afterwards). Anyhow- my tumor was completely gone & the biopsies they took of the area during the sigmoidoscopy showed no sign of any cancer in that area whatsoever!! I ended up not even having any kind of colorectal surgery & that was a year and a half ago. I don't know if that will happen in your husband's case or not, but know that it is possible. At the very least, it should shrink down a lot smaller!

Have a good day!
    Lisa
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator