Options
2»

Comments

• lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

Hey Cindy.Welcome. I had my
    Hey Cindy.Welcome. I had my surgery in May too, but I'm only on chemo 5. You must be on a different schedule. I'm every 3 weeks.

Cindy
    Wanted to say welcome and let you know this is a wonderful site. Everyone here is great and you will get good advice and laughs too. I was diagnosed in april too. I had a double mastectomy in june and just had my second round of chemo yesterday. Glad to have you on board with us. Take care

laura
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Welcome TxLady!
    Did you eated my cookie? Is that why you've been hiding? Tell the truth!! LOL Pammy
  • TxLady
    TxLady Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Welcome TxLady!
    Did you eated my cookie? Is that why you've been hiding? Tell the truth!! LOL Pammy

Thanks everyone
    for the warm welcomes. All in all, my treatment is going well. We caught the cancer before it spread outside the breast. I'm currently on a schedule of 12 weekly treatments of Taxol (only 5 left to go - woohoo!), followed by 4 treatments of FAC spaced 3 weeks apart.

I fly down from Fort Worth to MD Anderson in Houston for my weekly chemo but hope to stay in Fort Worth for my radiation. I haven't had any bad side effects from the Taxol - mostly intermittent numbness in my feet, which is more annoying than anything else. I'm not sure what to expect when I get on FAC.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Welcome, TxLady
    Many new members read for quite a while before posting. We're all here to support and encourage each. You are now surrounded by survivors.

Glad you decided to introduce yourself!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options

Welcome, TxLady
    Many new members read for quite a while before posting. We're all here to support and encourage each. You are now surrounded by survivors.

Glad you decided to introduce yourself!

Welcome to the both of you.
    Welcome to the both of you. I am glad you found this site. It's a great site to be a part of except for the reason why we are a part of it.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Welcome TxLady!

Hi
    Hi Cindy and welcome! Glad you posted and introduced yourself!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    djteach said:

txlady
    Hi Cindy,

Welcome to the club!! I'm a tx. lady too. Where are you from? I'm sorry you are having to deal with this beast, but you've come to the right place for support-whatever form that may take. I hope you're close to the end of your chemo, wow, 7th round! You must be quite a fighter! I just wanted to say, Hi and welcome. I believe there are quite a few of us texans here.

Love and gentle hugs,
    Donna

Sorry this is late
    Just want to say welcome txlady!

♥ Noel