A little lost

wmab
wmab Member Posts: 6
Hi all;

My partner of 14 years has benn diagnosed with stage 4 renal carcinoma that has metastisized in the brain, he has gone downhill very fast, and I know I am going to lose him soon. I just wondered if there is anyone out there who has gone through this and would like to talk, or just listen it would be a great help.

Thanx
Wayne

Comments

• shrevebud
    shrevebud Member Posts: 105
    Hi Wayne:

Sorry to hear of you and your partner's situation. I have stage IV cancer - a different type than what you all are dealing with. All I can say is just try to make the best of your time and hope that his struggle is not going to be too difficult. Is he on treatment or have the doctors suggested hospice? I'll be here to talk/listen and will be thinking of you. Roy
  • wmab
    wmab Member Posts: 6
    shrevebud said:

Hi Wayne:

Sorry to hear of you and your partner's situation. I have stage IV cancer - a different type than what you all are dealing with. All I can say is just try to make the best of your time and hope that his struggle is not going to be too difficult. Is he on treatment or have the doctors suggested hospice? I'll be here to talk/listen and will be thinking of you. Roy

Thank you
    Roy

Thank you for the kind words, we have just finished a round of radiation treatments and are waiting for a start date for chemo. We have hospice all set up between the VA and local hospice, and as I am a social worker with an emphasis on long term care we are getting very good help from all the agencies I work with, they have all been great.
    Roy please know we are thinking of you also.
    Take care
    Wayne
  • shrevebud
    shrevebud Member Posts: 105
    wmab said:

Thank you
    Roy

Thank you for the kind words, we have just finished a round of radiation treatments and are waiting for a start date for chemo. We have hospice all set up between the VA and local hospice, and as I am a social worker with an emphasis on long term care we are getting very good help from all the agencies I work with, they have all been great.
    Roy please know we are thinking of you also.
    Take care
    Wayne

Hi Wayne:

Thanks for the update. It sounds like you all have a good plan. Keep me posted. Roy