How do i help my daughter

Options
2»

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

My daughters were made part of my team.....
    They were both special needs, and since then one has passed away.

But, I told them that I needed them to be on my team, and we will do this together. That there may be days that I don't feel good, and I will need some help with things, and some extra-special hugs. But, as long as we are a team together, we will be doing everything we can to have me end up feeling much, much better. I also told them that when they got scared or had a question, we could call a 'team meeting' and discuss it...it worked VERY well...

I know it's hard, but you need to find something everyday to smile about. This will help both you AND your daughter get thru this. Also, plan something with her AFTER treatment is supposed to end (and you are feeling better)...a 'mommy and me' day.

Hugs, Kathi

This is to bump to the top...
    Hugs, Kathi
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    pitt said:

How to tell young children
    Thank you for posting all of these. I am in my room crying right now. There were some great ideas. As I figure out how to post and navigate this site, I'll let you know what develops. Thank you so much for responding. I needed to hear from someone. Thank you. Liz

Liz
    I am so happy that this thread helped out. I knew that it would. The bc survivors offered such good advice. They are all so wonderful here. Please keep posting and letting us know how you are doing!

♥ Noel