2»

Comments

• lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options

????
    omg dont know why that came on so much sorry hun god bless

i am currently doing AC. I
    i am currently doing AC. I had my first one two weeks ago and have another this tuesday. They gave me pre meds of anti nausea and steroids before they gave me the AC. They sent me home with nausea and steroid meds as well. Take the nausea meds even if you dont feel sick for the first few days. That helped me keep the nausea at bay. I was very tired for about five days or so and i then got blisters in my mouth that the onc was able to call in mouth swish for. Drink plenty of water, that will help and try to make sure you eat too. Let us know how you are doing. Oh, and my hair started falling out 14 days after the first treatment. I finally just shaved the rest off. Take care
    laura
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    lolad said:

i am currently doing AC. I had my first one two weeks ago and have another this tuesday. They gave me pre meds of anti nausea and steroids before they gave me the AC. They sent me home with nausea and steroid meds as well. Take the nausea meds even if you dont feel sick for the first few days. That helped me keep the nausea at bay. I was very tired for about five days or so and i then got blisters in my mouth that the onc was able to call in mouth swish for. Drink plenty of water, that will help and try to make sure you eat too. Let us know how you are doing. Oh, and my hair started falling out 14 days after the first treatment. I finally just shaved the rest off. Take care
    laura

Hey! I just want to say
    Hey! I just want to say "good luck" to you! Try to do what everyone has told you. They have been thru it and know. Keep us updated!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • xskeetshooter
    xskeetshooter Member Posts: 169
    Options
    lolad said:

laura

thank you
    you and everyone on here are angels and i feel that there is angels sent down from heaven to be with us all, thank you for your words ,helps. Stength and faith to you also my friend
  • xskeetshooter
    xskeetshooter Member Posts: 169
    Options
    susie09 said:

Hey! I just want to say
    Hey! I just want to say "good luck" to you! Try to do what everyone has told you. They have been thru it and know. Keep us updated!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

you too susie
    thank you for taking the time for some kind words
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    After chemo and rads
    Hello and welcome. I am almost one year out from finishing radiation. With the addition of Arimidex (which I now have been taking since rads were completed last October), my chances of 5 year survival increased from the 50something % to 86%. Have the doctors talked about taking anti-cancer drugs once you are finished with rads?

I too had AC-T (dose dense). It's not a picnic, but you can do it. You will want to have a port put in. It's a disk about 25% smaller than the dimensions of an Oreo cookie placed under your skin beneath your collar bone. Then instead of having to poke you with IVs, you can have blood drawn, tests done, and chemo infused through the port. It really saves your arm veins. A cream called EMLA (lidocaine) can be coated on the port area an hour before it's time to access it, and then you will not even feel a poke!

Keep coming here with your questions. We will help all we can. ♥Lynn
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

thank you
    you and everyone on here are angels and i feel that there is angels sent down from heaven to be with us all, thank you for your words ,helps. Stength and faith to you also my friend

Xskeetshooter, be sure and
    Xskeetshooter, be sure and update us on how you do with chemo. Good luck to you!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

thats what the other lady said too
    my cancer do said i will still have 75% of it coming back, almost feel like its useless. to go thru all this

I can't believe that your
    I can't believe that your doctor said there was a 75% chance of it coming back. He had to have said of it not coming back. I have never heard of this.