Day 20,21,22,23,24 of Pammy's Rads

Akiss4me
Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Wow, you know it all becomes so routine when you can post a whole week and realize everyday was the same! Nothing exciting or unusual to break up the monotony.
I can not use the aquafore (strange, as I have never had an allergy in my life) because it made me itch and itch AND itch some more (hubby was considering giving me a flea bath!). I am using nothing but straight 100% pure aloe once a night. They are pretty impressed that my skin looks so good, since I am not using anything but the aloe. There is absolutely no itching at this point and I am just a little pink most places, a little pinker under boobie and under arm. I have 12 more to go. I just realized I am 2/3 of the way done! Wish I had a playboy bunnie or something to stick on like you use to do in tanning beds! Anyone remember those days?
I guess it's time to start thinking about what I should do for my rad team, if anything. Did anyone give a thank you when you were all done? I would love to hear some suggestions.
Glad I found time to post as I miss talking to everyone!
Pammy

Comments

• cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Hey Pammy
    I went through rads in November and December, and yes, Robert does all the regular cooking, but during Christmas, I pull out all my fun Christmas recipes and share with everyone. The first time I brought something in, they looked at it kind of strangely, then I realized, they don't know me, I could be trying to poison them for all they knew. So I left it and never thought about bringing anything again. But the next day, the front nurse came up and hugged me, saying the goodies were delicious, and could she please have the recipe, etc. I asked about the reaction, and she did say they never eat anyone's goodies, but I was different, and they just wanted to wait til I left in case they didn't like them. he he. I continued to bring goodies in throughout, and they were usually waiting for me by then, even the volunteers at the front desk of the hospital, the man went downstairs and asked my name, because he wanted to greet me right. Said he knew where I was going because of the bald head. The nurse says "he has a crush on you".
    The last week they had their Christmas tree up, so I made a bag of silly little toys, games, etc. for all of them, and put them under the tree. They seemed to really like it, and I had fun. Christmas is my favorite time of year and I was not going to let rads spoil it for me.
    =^..^=
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    cats_toy said:

Hey Pammy
    I went through rads in November and December, and yes, Robert does all the regular cooking, but during Christmas, I pull out all my fun Christmas recipes and share with everyone. The first time I brought something in, they looked at it kind of strangely, then I realized, they don't know me, I could be trying to poison them for all they knew. So I left it and never thought about bringing anything again. But the next day, the front nurse came up and hugged me, saying the goodies were delicious, and could she please have the recipe, etc. I asked about the reaction, and she did say they never eat anyone's goodies, but I was different, and they just wanted to wait til I left in case they didn't like them. he he. I continued to bring goodies in throughout, and they were usually waiting for me by then, even the volunteers at the front desk of the hospital, the man went downstairs and asked my name, because he wanted to greet me right. Said he knew where I was going because of the bald head. The nurse says "he has a crush on you".
    The last week they had their Christmas tree up, so I made a bag of silly little toys, games, etc. for all of them, and put them under the tree. They seemed to really like it, and I had fun. Christmas is my favorite time of year and I was not going to let rads spoil it for me.
    =^..^=

Something for Rads Team
    On my last day, I brought in a big box of chocolate truffles and several CDs. One radiation therapist had mentioned that one machine had a better selection of CDs,and I didn't like most of the ones they had. When I go back next month, I will probably take more CDs and cookies or candy.

Cat, anybody else might have let rads diminish their holiday, but not you. You're amazing, baking and shopping and thinking of others when you must have been so tired.

Pammy, hard to believe you're so far along with your treatments. And you're skin is doing great. That's wonderful. By the way, the new kitty avatar is sweet.
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Miss Pammy... can I tell you
    Miss Pammy... can I tell you how jealous I am... I am so happy that you are 2/3 the way complete... but I am still soooo jealous.... here I sit playing twiddley winks... feel like I'm just waisting the days away... and your kicking arse!!! You have handled all of this with such humor and grace... I'm so proud of you... I know how scared you were... but you my friend have done awesome!!! I will truly look to you for inspiration when I finally get my "Pass Go" card!

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Pammy
    Good News to hear that your 2/3rds done. I'm sure whatever you bring to your rads team will be greatly appreciated. You are such an inspiration with your humor!! Diane:)
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    chickad52 said:

Pammy
    Good News to hear that your 2/3rds done. I'm sure whatever you bring to your rads team will be greatly appreciated. You are such an inspiration with your humor!! Diane:)

Welcome back
    You have been missed and im glad you are back on board. I hope things are getting straight in your life. Take care

laura
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Love the picture-That is how
    Love the picture-That is how my dog looks at me when I'm eating pizza.

When I went through rads I didn't think about gifting the help. It seemed like every day they changed. I don't think I had one person all the way through. A few were there a week but not the whole 6 weeks. You are a very thoughtful person.

Never used a tanning bed.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Thanks everyone!!
    I just have to share about the avitar....
    This past week, my son "caught" me eating a cookie knowing I was seriously trying to diet. He said, "what are you doing?" I responded shly, "eating a cookie!" He said, "that was kitty kats cookie!" (knowing I would NEVER take the last of anything if someone had staked a claim to it, even the cat).
    A few days later, he sent me the picture to help motivate me. Don't know where he found it or how long it took him to find it, but he said, (quote)"I don't do cute, but this I couldn't resist! So, next time you want a cookie....think about eating kitty kat's cookie". Pammy
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Akiss4me said:

Thanks everyone!!
    I just have to share about the avitar....
    This past week, my son "caught" me eating a cookie knowing I was seriously trying to diet. He said, "what are you doing?" I responded shly, "eating a cookie!" He said, "that was kitty kats cookie!" (knowing I would NEVER take the last of anything if someone had staked a claim to it, even the cat).
    A few days later, he sent me the picture to help motivate me. Don't know where he found it or how long it took him to find it, but he said, (quote)"I don't do cute, but this I couldn't resist! So, next time you want a cookie....think about eating kitty kat's cookie". Pammy

Pammy-great to hear that
    Pammy-great to hear that you are 2/3 of the way done. I am just under half done. My rads team is great! I too have been thinking about what to do on my last day - my town has a wonderful chocolate shop & I have thought about getting them a small box of chocolates & a card.

I had heard that once you start, the time flies and it is really true. It will be over before I know it. But you are still ahead of me!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Pammy,
    First, love the kitty

Pammy,
    First, love the kitty you cookie stealer you. Second, isn't it great to be 2/3 of the way through. Third, I preferred the aloe to the aquaphor and glad you are only slightly pink. That's great. Fourth, I took in delicious goodies from our fabulous local bakery and they loved them. My sister (the creative one) brought her rad group a beautiful bowl she painted with pink ribbons and filled with candy. And I had a friend that actually went and bought a dozen pair of socks, those cute ones like at Target or Walmart that have flowers, crazy stripes, cartoon characters, and put them in a basket with a note that said I Got A Kick Out of You. She figured even the guys would take a pair home to spouse, kids, whoever. How about getting them Optimus Prime for them. Do they have a spot they could put one in? After all, it is the name you gave that machine. I am sure others will have many other ideas.
    Glad you posted. You were missed. Hope things are better.
    Stef
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Wow Pammy
    I can't believe how fast the time has gone by, I'm so happy for you that you are 2/3's done. I know it's starting to take it's toll on you, but you are a true inspiration.

Good luck with the next 12, I'm trying to come up with a really special banner for you when you're done!

Your in my thoughts and prayer's

Aurora ♥

please don't eat any more of the kitty's cookies, get yout own! lol
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Wow Pammy
    I can't believe how fast the time has gone by, I'm so happy for you that you are 2/3's done. I know it's starting to take it's toll on you, but you are a true inspiration.

Good luck with the next 12, I'm trying to come up with a really special banner for you when you're done!

Your in my thoughts and prayer's

Aurora ♥

please don't eat any more of the kitty's cookies, get your own! lol