scared and confused

kickie
kickie Member Posts: 85
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
on the 17 of august found out tumor 1.5 cm was canerous. i live in ohio doctoring at riverside hospital. lumpectomy was suggested and raditaion. today went and met with my cnacer dr. having mri done on sat. will decide which way to procede. what do i do i amall tied up in knots, and i know i am good hands.

Comments

• Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Welcome to the club that no
    Welcome to the club that no one wants to belong to. I am sorry to hear of your dx. I too was diagnosed in July, had a lumpectomy & am halfway through radiation. I trust my doctors that they have my best interests at heart, as I am sure yours do.

Visit our discussion board often & you will find a supportive sisterhood here every time.
    I wish you the best!

Hugs & prayers sent your way!
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Welcome
    You have come to the right place! I was just diagnosed on the 11th. I have a 2.8cm tumor. (Intraductal) I meet with the surgeon on Tuesday so I have yet to discuss any treatment plan. I was driving myself crazy trying to make a decision on what I wanted to do...but, I have to wait until I see the surgeon. Reading all the stories here and gathering all the info you can on your situation helps a great deal! The people here are awesome! Just know that you are not alone in this. Everyone here genuinely cares and is there to help. You are going to be thinking & feeling alot of different things. (I'm thinking this is normal!) It's frightening!
    It's good that you feel in good hands with your doctor, that's important in this process. As many will say here, you need to weigh your options and choose what you feel is best for you.
    Take Care
    Cathy
  • Booberta
    Booberta Member Posts: 61
    Cat64 said:

Welcome
    You have come to the right place! I was just diagnosed on the 11th. I have a 2.8cm tumor. (Intraductal) I meet with the surgeon on Tuesday so I have yet to discuss any treatment plan. I was driving myself crazy trying to make a decision on what I wanted to do...but, I have to wait until I see the surgeon. Reading all the stories here and gathering all the info you can on your situation helps a great deal! The people here are awesome! Just know that you are not alone in this. Everyone here genuinely cares and is there to help. You are going to be thinking & feeling alot of different things. (I'm thinking this is normal!) It's frightening!
    It's good that you feel in good hands with your doctor, that's important in this process. As many will say here, you need to weigh your options and choose what you feel is best for you.
    Take Care
    Cathy

O-H-I-O !!!!!
    Hello from another Columbisite!! I am also part of the Ohio Health Community. Riverside has a fabulous staff of oncologists! My only recommendation would be is to make sure that your surgeon has expertise in breast cancer.

I got a second opinion from a general cancer surgeon and her recommondations were very different from those of my surgeon who had done a fellowship in breast cancer.

Riverside should also have an excellent breast health team, if they don't contact you fairly soon call and ask about them, or ask your doctor. The team will provide you with loads of information and great support.

If there is any way I can help, PM me.

Love and Peace
    Roberta
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Tux said:

Welcome to the club that no
    Welcome to the club that no one wants to belong to. I am sorry to hear of your dx. I too was diagnosed in July, had a lumpectomy & am halfway through radiation. I trust my doctors that they have my best interests at heart, as I am sure yours do.

Visit our discussion board often & you will find a supportive sisterhood here every time.
    I wish you the best!

Hugs & prayers sent your way!

Welcome kickie. Sorry for
    Welcome kickie. Sorry for the reason that you are here. You will find lots of support here. Post again and keep us updated on your treatment.

Hugs!