Vitamin D deficiency

Options
2»

Comments

• rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    what a cool post
    I already know... have known for years, I was diagnosed with S.A.D. (seasonal affective desease) My Dr. said I would come in every year with severe depression, around April, well, he said I was lacking Vit. D and when the days got shorter and the nights and darkness longer, I would go into depression. He recomended sun lamps, and real sun. Vit. D supplements and gave me an anti-depressant. I truley believe this could be a big problem with BC patients since we are lacking Vit. D. My DR. is going to talk with me about this on the 25th and I will let you know.
    Hugs, Jackie
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    rjjj said:

what a cool post
    I already know... have known for years, I was diagnosed with S.A.D. (seasonal affective desease) My Dr. said I would come in every year with severe depression, around April, well, he said I was lacking Vit. D and when the days got shorter and the nights and darkness longer, I would go into depression. He recomended sun lamps, and real sun. Vit. D supplements and gave me an anti-depressant. I truley believe this could be a big problem with BC patients since we are lacking Vit. D. My DR. is going to talk with me about this on the 25th and I will let you know.
    Hugs, Jackie

Jackie...love the pic!!
    Me and my son both suffer S.A.D.!! He uses a tanning bed (a big no-no) and I am still looking for a good sun lamp! Problem is that the bulbs are soooo expensive. I mostly tough it out knowing what I am going through.
    Onc just put me on 1200mg Calcium with D3. Only one problem........eh hem....not quite so "regular" anymore. Think this is from the supplement?
    Pammy
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Jackie...love the pic!!
    Me and my son both suffer S.A.D.!! He uses a tanning bed (a big no-no) and I am still looking for a good sun lamp! Problem is that the bulbs are soooo expensive. I mostly tough it out knowing what I am going through.
    Onc just put me on 1200mg Calcium with D3. Only one problem........eh hem....not quite so "regular" anymore. Think this is from the supplement?
    Pammy

Hey Pammy, add magnesium to
    Hey Pammy, add magnesium to the regime and see if that helps the constipation. Lots of Calcium supplements come with it anyway and it is essential for bone formation.

j
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    rjjj said:

what a cool post
    Hugs, Jackie

It really seems that so many
    It really seems that so many bc patients are low on Vit D. But, I wonder if it is just women in general that are low. And, I wonder why.

Lex♥