Options
2»

Comments

• saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    kayandok said:

Thanks,
    Bonnie, I just found that out today, and was relieved. Got everything scheduled and need to stalk up on the ice!
    It is still hot here, so I am in berky style sandels all the time, but I can't walk in sneakers or shoes. I hope this neuropathy will start getting better soon, otherwise i will be in berkies and socks all winter. Oh well, everyone will know I'm from Seattle for sure...lol
    k:)

Berkies
    Don't think it's a Seattle thing! I've been doing the berkie and sock during the winter for about 8 years here in Texas. Not as much snow as Bonnie has in MN, but my feet actually stay warmer that way! Now I have my husband convinced and he has joined me. Are you taking Vit. B-6 and L-glutamine to help. I am.
    I do have numbness on the bottom of my feet that comes on at night. Saundra
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    saundra said:

Berkies
    Don't think it's a Seattle thing! I've been doing the berkie and sock during the winter for about 8 years here in Texas. Not as much snow as Bonnie has in MN, but my feet actually stay warmer that way! Now I have my husband convinced and he has joined me. Are you taking Vit. B-6 and L-glutamine to help. I am.
    I do have numbness on the bottom of my feet that comes on at night. Saundra

neuropathy
    Glad to hear berkie and sock look is acceptable even in Texas!! I never see it here, but I already stand out anyway, so one more oddity, isn't going to turn any more heads I guess...

I have been dousing myself with L-glutamine (powder) and B6. (I do regret not starting it at the beginning of the cis/gem treatment. I had little to no neuropathy with the carbo/taxol and just wasn't concerned enough about it this time until WHAM! it was too late.) I do hope it will kick in soon, it seems to be getting a bit worse, not better. I have heard of that happening, and I am optimistic that it won't linger forever. If it does, then I better get some more berkies and throw away all my shoes, I guess....
    k:)