Options
2»

Comments

• hewittr
    hewittr Member Posts: 4
    Options
    mk1117 said:

Thanks for asking
    My CT scan and CEA were normal (although I just received a message on my answering machine from the nurse, so I don't have the actual CEA number). I'm very happy about the results - but still have a nagging doubt in the back of my mind. The CT was of my chest/lungs and abdomen/pelvis, so the clear CT results should cover areas that I was concerned about - my liver and my ovaries. Hopefully it is just the beginnings of menopause - it's just that the low-grade fever I have now is the same and only symptom I had before I was diagnosed. I will just try to stop obsessing and read up on perimenopause.

Again, thanks for asking about my results.

Kathy

If in doubt have it checked
    If in doubt have it checked out. Request a CT scan.....peace of mind is sooooo important.

Hugs,
    Robin
  • mk1117
    mk1117 Member Posts: 46
    Options
    aloved1 said:

Request the scan for peace of mind if nothing else. My husband was a stage 3 colon cancer survivor 3 yrs ago. Said he was feeling uneasy, even though his blood tests were coming back good. It was time for a CT scan requested by his surgeon. Then the surgeon sent him back for a pet scan. He said John has a spot on his lung that looked suspicious and wanted to do a biopsy. John talked to his Onc. which just took over John's case and said he thought John would be ok to wait 6 months and do another scan. John's surgeon called us for 2 weeks straight and kept insisting he have the biopsy done. John has a lot of faith in his surgeon, he has been there since the beginning. John didn't want to have the biopsy but it just kept weighing on his mind, so he had it done. It was cancer and there was a second spot that did not show up on the scans. I can only imagine how much further it may have spread had he waited 6 months like the onc. suggested. He later had a thoracotomy w/wedge resection and is going through chemo again now he is stage 4. I have always been told no one knows you better than yourself. Request a scan. Better safe than sorry. Good luck! I will be thinking of you.

Delawna

Thanks Delawna
    I appreciate your post. I had the CT scan and a chest xray, which were both clear. My regular MD put me on a 10-day dosage of Levaquin, since I was having some sinus pressure, but no congestion. I just finished my 10 day round of Levaquin, which is a strong antibiotic, but the low-grade fever is still there, along with shortness of breath - which were the only indicators for me before I was initially diagnosed that something was wrong. I continue to have a nagging feeling in the back of my mind. I decided last night that I was going to continue to push the issue, even though my oncologist clearly thinks it's all in my mind. If necessary, I'll go to another oncologist. My only concern is what (and how) will they look for something else? Supposedly the chest xray and CT scans are clear (even though my cancer didn't show up on CT scans before). I've never had a PET scan & don't know if my insurance even covers that - I'm going to check on that.

I just can't get over the feeling that something else is going on. I, like you and your husband, would rather be safe than sorry. I hope your husband progresses well with his treatments.

Thanks!

Kathy
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator