First round Chemo - over!

butterfly343
butterfly343 Member Posts: 39
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi All,
Well, I have finished my first round of chemo. I'm on day 4. It has really sucked!! The first day was ok, just really tired. Then day 2 I had the neulasta shot and that really messed me up. I felt like my bones were made of glass and someone had beat me with a bat. I hurt all over, hips, legs, neck, arms. Nothing really helped. Day 3 was better, I called the onc and he said to try a claritin pill. It really did help. Now on day 4, the steriods have worn off and I feel the effects of the taxol. I still hurt in my bones and muscles, really tired, have no appetite or engery. But, my daughter has a gutair lesson today, so we are going out of the house. I'll take it slow, but i think it will be very helpful. The sun is shinning and my girls are home.
Still working on the pix, but will post it soon!
love to you all
Julie

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Congrats on getting that
    Congrats on getting that first chemo done Julie. So sorry that you feel so bad. I hope it gets easier for you. Enjoy your daughter's guitar lesson! Keep us updated!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Hi Julie! I love your
    Hi Julie! I love your attitude. You have been thru so much and don't feel well, but, you see that the sun is shining and your girls are home. You are amazing! Feel better and good luck with chemo!

♥Hugs Lex♥
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Alexis F said:

Hi Julie! I love your
    Hi Julie! I love your attitude. You have been thru so much and don't feel well, but, you see that the sun is shining and your girls are home. You are amazing! Feel better and good luck with chemo!

♥Hugs Lex♥

Yea Julie! That is great!

Hugs, Leeza
  • lmmo
    lmmo Member Posts: 56
    jnl said:

Hugs, Leeza

round 1
    Hang in there i am right behind you. I hope you feel better.
    Lisa
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    lmmo said:

round 1
    Hang in there i am right behind you. I hope you feel better.
    Lisa

Sorry that you feel bad.
    Sorry that you feel bad. Hopefully it will get better for you with time. Drink lots of water! Keep us updated on you!

♠♥ Noel ♠♥
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    sorry
    that you are feeling so bad. Im getting ready to have my second treatment and had just about the same side effects you had on my first one. You will start to feel better in a couple of days. Did they give you a script for steroids and nausea meds to take home with you? My onc did and that helped alot. Take it easy.

laura
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    First One
    Take it easy julie. Hey, you made it through the first one. Sorry you feel so bad. For me it was the second one that hit me hard. Your one step closer!! Definitley drink lots and lots of water!! Hugs, Diane
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    ONe done
    Just think you have 1 done which means that you are that much closer to being done...

REmember to rest and nap when you need to...sleep is your friend

Hugs
    LInda T
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Hey Julie
    I'm doing chemo

Hey Julie
    I'm doing chemo now too. I think I do feel better when I make myself get out of the house.
    I hope that works for you too.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Julie -

I am so sorry that your first round of chemo sucks, big time. I hope you have some help with your beautiful girls. Things will get better for us all.

I can not imagine what you are going thru. All I can offer is good thoughts, and prayer and your family.

I am newly diagnosis with bc .. awaiting 2nd opinion on path, & lupectomy .. tumor removed 10.0 x 7.0 x 4.0 cm - my mind is blurrrrrry.
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    VickiSam said:

Julie -

I am so sorry that your first round of chemo sucks, big time. I hope you have some help with your beautiful girls. Things will get better for us all.

I can not imagine what you are going thru. All I can offer is good thoughts, and prayer and your family.

I am newly diagnosis with bc .. awaiting 2nd opinion on path, & lupectomy .. tumor removed 10.0 x 7.0 x 4.0 cm - my mind is blurrrrrry.

Julie... just wanted to let
    Julie... just wanted to let you know your in my thoughts... I hope it starts getting easier... hang in there... you are doing a terrific job of arse kicking!!! Keep it up... and let us know how you are doing as you can...

Gentle hugs to you!

~T
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I hope today finds you
    I hope today finds you feeling a little better!! I'm thinking about you and sending you positive thoughts for a good weekend! I'm on day 8 after my first round and feeling okay, I guess you call this the "new" normal.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    MyTurnNow said:

I hope today finds you
    I hope today finds you feeling a little better!! I'm thinking about you and sending you positive thoughts for a good weekend! I'm on day 8 after my first round and feeling okay, I guess you call this the "new" normal.

I hope that you are feeling
    I hope that you are feeling better today too. I hope you have a great weekend! Post and let us know how you are doing.

Hugs Lex♥
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    One down!
    One down now Julie and it usually is the hardest! I hope you feel better. Your pix is beautiful of you!

Kristin ♥