Options
13»

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

How often do you get
    How often do you get mammograms RE? They wanted me to after 6 months, but, I am still too sore. So, I might wait a year actually.

Kylez
    My oncologist wanted

Kylez

My oncologist wanted me to wait for the 1 year mark after surgery but with the potential loss of insurance we did it this month (9 months from my surgery). I had something hinky on that mammo so we did more mammos and an ultrasound which looked fine. The radiologist said he prefers that the 1st mammo are done 6 months after surgery, He said it gives them a better baseline. He wants me to repeat my mammos in 6 months. My breast is still occasionally sore but the mammos were surprisely easy. I had a good tech and she knew about the cancer and surgery. It is doable and if you can I would do them at the 6 month point like they want. This is just my suggestion and only you truly know if you are ready. Obviously waiting until the one year mark is okay if my oncologist was going to go that route.
    Stef
  • djteach
    djteach Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Hi RE,
    I am so happy for

Hi RE,

I am so happy for your good news!! I think I feel a happy chair dance with my pink feather boa coming on!! That baby is absolutely the most adorable creature I have ever seen. I just want to kiss those cheeks. I hope you get the next 40 mammograms with the same results.

Love and Big hugs,
    Donna
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    zahalene said:

Someone suggested to me....
    that my depression might be due (at least in part) to the time I spend here. NO FREAKIN WAY! I am never happier than when I am here being a part of great news like this, or even when I am trying to support and encourage someone who isn't able to post good news at the moment.
    Of course, the person who said that is not a member or our club so I have to cut them some slack, they just don't 'get it'.
    Anyhow, thank you one and all for making my life richer and fuller just by being who you are.
    God bless you every one.

Dear RE and Stef!!!
    AWESOME! AWESOME!

Great news! Great news!

WOO HOO! WOO HOO!

Relief! Relief!

Thanks for sharing! Thanks for sharing!

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: Typed everything twice...
    Once for RE :-)
    and
    Once for Stef :-)
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    djteach said:

Hi RE,
    I am so happy for

Hi RE,

I am so happy for your good news!! I think I feel a happy chair dance with my pink feather boa coming on!! That baby is absolutely the most adorable creature I have ever seen. I just want to kiss those cheeks. I hope you get the next 40 mammograms with the same results.

Love and Big hugs,
    Donna

HEE HEE HEE
    Donna the dance you describe is the kind I can do....a chair dance!!! You made me smile, thank you for that. Yes little Ava is a gem she is very happy most of the time and simply loves to smile.

Hugs,

RE
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    RE said:

HEE HEE HEE
    Donna the dance you describe is the kind I can do....a chair dance!!! You made me smile, thank you for that. Yes little Ava is a gem she is very happy most of the time and simply loves to smile.

Hugs,

RE

Your grand daughter RE is
    Your grand daughter RE is such a little beauty! That smile is priceless!

And, congrats to you again on your mammo!

Hugs!