Ok this may seem a little strange

Options
tjhay
tjhay Member Posts: 655
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ok sisters don't start about when I post it is always a little strange. Anyway, I had my lumpdectomy and lymphnode dicetion last October, this is where it gets strange, I noticed about a week ago that my bad breast is heavier then my good breast, . Now when I had my surgery they took out a huge piece of it and there is no way this should be happening.
Has any one else experinced this?

tjhay

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Hormonal?
    Ok, I won't start, though it is very tempting. Don't want any tantrums.

The heaviness sounds hormonal. You know, when your period is near, your breasts are fuller. Still, the mantra of checking with your doctor is appropriate.

Sorry to repeat what you already know,TJ.
  • tjhay
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Hormonal?
    Ok, I won't start, though it is very tempting. Don't want any tantrums.

The heaviness sounds hormonal. You know, when your period is near, your breasts are fuller. Still, the mantra of checking with your doctor is appropriate.

Sorry to repeat what you already know,TJ.

Hormonal?
    What hormons? I thought I got the name Tj Tantrum because all my homones were being killed off. Already called the Dr waiting to hear back.

tjhay

by the way Moopy love the hair style

:))
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    hmmm
    Okay TJ i am not sure what you mean by "heavier", is it visually larger or just feels heavier? My lumpectomy breast that had the 16 weeks of rads did get a bit harder and heavier after rads, a lot of this disappeared as the years passed. Let us know what the doc says.

RE
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    tjhay said:

Hormonal?
    What hormons? I thought I got the name Tj Tantrum because all my homones were being killed off. Already called the Dr waiting to hear back.

tjhay

by the way Moopy love the hair style

:))

tj
    I can't say much about that but wonder if part of your heaviness is scar tissue?
    Let us know what you hear from your doctor!!
  • tjhay
    Options
    RE said:

hmmm
    Okay TJ i am not sure what you mean by "heavier", is it visually larger or just feels heavier? My lumpectomy breast that had the 16 weeks of rads did get a bit harder and heavier after rads, a lot of this disappeared as the years passed. Let us know what the doc says.

RE

ummm well
    It most deffinately is heavier, plus there is the beginning of a spongy buldge on the on the side under the arm pit. After talking to my doctor she feels that it is fluid retention of some sort, so am waiting for her nurse to call me back with a appointment time.

tjhay
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    tjhay said:

ummm well
    It most deffinately is heavier, plus there is the beginning of a spongy buldge on the on the side under the arm pit. After talking to my doctor she feels that it is fluid retention of some sort, so am waiting for her nurse to call me back with a appointment time.

tjhay

good luck, and let us know what the outcome is.
    keeping my eye on you!

Vicki
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    HI tjhah
    Any chance it could be lymphedema? I actually have more fluid in my affected breast than in my arm or back area. I was shown how to do lymphedema massage and it has helped make the breast softer.

JUst a thought

Hugs
    Linda T