Wig or scarves???

Options
2»

Comments

• California Girl
    Options
    Scarves & Hats
    I just lost all of my hair yesterday, and I went to work bald today. I couldn't ever imagine doing it, but I did. This last week, I have been wearing scraves and knit hats. Have your hairdresser shave your head when its almost out. You will find that your head will hurt for the first few days and it will be every sensitive.
    If you feel comfortable take off your hat, people are actually every kind to you about it. My co-workers had a great time today with me and my new look. We called it the bald and bold look. I figure its going to be part of the way I will look for the next six months.

Love,
    Patti
  • Hardenwood
    Hardenwood Member Posts: 3
    Options

I have a wig......
    and a few scarves, headwraps, sleep caps and some hats. Most of these I have gotten for free from heavenlyhats.com, hats off to chemo (don't know the website but sure it you put it in the search engine it will come up)and my wig is a very cute style that I got for free from the American Cancer Society. My daughter gave me some cute scarves she had and a couple of hats too. I did order a couple of headwraps, that already have ties like someone else said for ease)from headcovers.com and I like them real well. I also have a scarf coming from Laurie like in the earlier mentioned post. I live in Florida so I feel a wig might just be to hot.

As far as actually wearing any of this stuff goes, I still have my hair. From what they say it should be gone in about 3 weeks tops so I wanted to be ready, as you do.

I think it just boils down to what you are comfortable in!! All the ideas sound cute to me. As cute as you can be when you are bald :>)

Love and Light,
    Vicki

Wigs
    Hi Vicki! I just found out I have breast cancer again. Last time was 17 years ago. I read your comment and you said you received a free wig from the American Cancer Society. How do you get one free from them?