newely diagnosed

Options
peggypeggy
peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
i am new to all this i dropped a 30 lb weight on my right brease in april went to dr said hematoma was still sore in june my hubby and i drove to hershey medical and was diagnosed and had surgery all in a moth what a roller coaster ride this had not spread anywhere no lymph node now i have 2 weeks of radiatin sratig sept 1 and then tomaxifa i dont know about taking that i have hard time looking at my breast mine was right o nipple i got new one at time of surgery how does ev1 take everything in so fast in such a short period of time im trying ty peggy

Comments

• meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    I think you live in
    I think you live in Pennsylvania, i do too. I was diagnosed last july with breast cancer, I still am receiving monthly treatments. I read alot about breast cancer when i was first diagnosed, so that helped me alot. You are right, it is a lot to take in. I was so overwhelmed, i kept zoning in and out between sobbing, But your survival mode will kick in and keep you sane. I live in Philadelphia, so I am not too far from you. I will keep you in my prayers
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    Options
    Peggy, I'm sorry you have to
    Peggy, I'm sorry you have to go through this, but welcome to the boards. This is a great place to get answers and support. You're right. It's a lot to take in, digest and deal with in such a short time. I found a lump, was diagnosed and had surgery [lump & lymph removal] all in less than a month's time. Now getting set up for chemo. It doesn't seem real yet, and maybe it never will. But I have found great support here. Not only is there a wealth of information, but our common bond makes us "sisters in pink". Although I also am new here, I have ranted, complained, asked questions, and shared all sorts of feelings. Someone is always kind enough to say something I needed to hear. Remember, you are not alone. Gracie
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I live in PA also. I have
    I live in PA also. I have some great Dr.s through the St Luke's Network. I have a lumpectomy on July 30th.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome Peggy. Sorry
    Hi and welcome Peggy. Sorry for the reason that you are here, but, there is an amazing group of bc survivors here to support you. Good luck!
  • peggypeggy
    Options

Peggy, I'm sorry you have to
    Peggy, I'm sorry you have to go through this, but welcome to the boards. This is a great place to get answers and support. You're right. It's a lot to take in, digest and deal with in such a short time. I found a lump, was diagnosed and had surgery [lump & lymph removal] all in less than a month's time. Now getting set up for chemo. It doesn't seem real yet, and maybe it never will. But I have found great support here. Not only is there a wealth of information, but our common bond makes us "sisters in pink". Although I also am new here, I have ranted, complained, asked questions, and shared all sorts of feelings. Someone is always kind enough to say something I needed to hear. Remember, you are not alone. Gracie

M- AMAZING
    I HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL HON ILL PRAY FOR YOU AND ALL WHY IS CHEMO NEEDED HON I WAS WONDERING I ONLY HAVE 2 WEEKS OF RADIATION WHEN HERSHEY TOOK MINE OUT HE FROZE IN A FREEZEBALL SO NOTHING CAME OUT HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THAT I GOT RECOSTUCTON WHILE I WAS UNDER GOD BLESS YOU HOPE TO SPEAK AGAIN PEGGY
  • peggypeggy
    Options
    lanie940 said:

I live in PA also. I have
    I live in PA also. I have some great Dr.s through the St Luke's Network. I have a lumpectomy on July 30th.

LANIE940
    TY HON VM HOPE EVERYTHING IS GOOD ARE YOU FEELING WELL MINE WAS ON JULY 27 I FEEL GRAT MINE IS SO EMOTIONAL MORE THEN EVERYTHING IM BACK TO RUNNING AND WEIGHTS NEXT WEEK
    WHAT KIND DID YOU HAVE IF I MAY ASK AND YOUR TREATMENT GOD BLESS SWEETIE TYPEGGY
  • peggypeggy
    Options
    meena1 said:

I think you live in
    I think you live in Pennsylvania, i do too. I was diagnosed last july with breast cancer, I still am receiving monthly treatments. I read alot about breast cancer when i was first diagnosed, so that helped me alot. You are right, it is a lot to take in. I was so overwhelmed, i kept zoning in and out between sobbing, But your survival mode will kick in and keep you sane. I live in Philadelphia, so I am not too far from you. I will keep you in my prayers

MEENA1
    THANK SO VERY MUCH I HAVE ONLY TWO WEEKS OF RADIATION AND THEY WANT ME TO TAKE TAMOFIN WHAT TREATMENTS DO YOU HAVE THAT TAKES MONTHS IF I MAY ASK TY FOR CARING AND I HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL HON PEGGY
  • peggypeggy
    Options

Hi and welcome Peggy. Sorry
    Hi and welcome Peggy. Sorry for the reason that you are here, but, there is an amazing group of bc survivors here to support you. Good luck!

HI SURVIVIRBC
    TY HON VERY MUCH WHEN I WAS AT HERSHEY I MET GIRLS 17 26 AND 19 I WAS SCHOKED I GUESS BREAST CANCER IS NOT PICKY I THOUGHT I WAS TO YOUNG I AM VERY HEALTHY WHAT A SCHOCK TY AGAIN PEGGY ALSO ARE YOU ALL DONE NOWWITH TREATMENTS
  • traceyt
    traceyt Member Posts: 77
    Options

HI SURVIVIRBC
    TY HON VERY MUCH WHEN I WAS AT HERSHEY I MET GIRLS 17 26 AND 19 I WAS SCHOKED I GUESS BREAST CANCER IS NOT PICKY I THOUGHT I WAS TO YOUNG I AM VERY HEALTHY WHAT A SCHOCK TY AGAIN PEGGY ALSO ARE YOU ALL DONE NOWWITH TREATMENTS

Welcome
    Peggy welcome! You have come to a great place of caring, support, tears & yes laughter. It is very overwhelming in the begining but as time goes on you become more educated and your survival mode does kick in. I too had surgery on the 27th and have been back to the gym a few times since then, exercising is an emotional release & gives me a sense of empowerment over this beast! Radiation is not in my future for now so I cant help you there but many others have posted their journey with radiation on these boards.
    Come here for support & knowledge, to vent or share happy news!
    Take care
    ((hugs)) Tracey
  • peggypeggy
    Options
    traceyt said:

Welcome
    Peggy welcome! You have come to a great place of caring, support, tears & yes laughter. It is very overwhelming in the begining but as time goes on you become more educated and your survival mode does kick in. I too had surgery on the 27th and have been back to the gym a few times since then, exercising is an emotional release & gives me a sense of empowerment over this beast! Radiation is not in my future for now so I cant help you there but many others have posted their journey with radiation on these boards.
    Come here for support & knowledge, to vent or share happy news!
    Take care
    ((hugs)) Tracey

traceyt
    thank you very much i start radiation for 2 weeks only that is not bad but hope you are doing well what kind of treatment did you have if i may ask mine stayed confined no spreading i have erprpositive her2negative that was alot to take in final pathology was all negative for carcioma i was thak ful and lucky even though i didnt feel lucky but i say prayers and thank my blessings every day god bless you hope to hear from you luv my hubby is my best supporter
  • traceyt
    traceyt Member Posts: 77
    Options

traceyt
    thank you very much i start radiation for 2 weeks only that is not bad but hope you are doing well what kind of treatment did you have if i may ask mine stayed confined no spreading i have erprpositive her2negative that was alot to take in final pathology was all negative for carcioma i was thak ful and lucky even though i didnt feel lucky but i say prayers and thank my blessings every day god bless you hope to hear from you luv my hubby is my best supporter

DCIS non invasive
    Peggy
    This was my official dx it has not spread to any nodes but due to its location I will lose my nipple and a sizable amount of additional tissue on a re excision so I am opting for a mastectomy.
    It is so good to hear your hubby is a great supporter, mine is too and I dont know how I would get through all of this without all my supporters!
    ((hugs))
    T
  • peggypeggy
    Options
    traceyt said:

DCIS non invasive
    Peggy
    This was my official dx it has not spread to any nodes but due to its location I will lose my nipple and a sizable amount of additional tissue on a re excision so I am opting for a mastectomy.
    It is so good to hear your hubby is a great supporter, mine is too and I dont know how I would get through all of this without all my supporters!
    ((hugs))
    T

tracey t
    thats weird i had my nipple removed and they gave me new one while i was under you would never know believe me you wont notice mine looks normal i lost some of my pigmentation they froze mine first before removal so nothing slipped out beleive me they can fix mine was on my nipple and around but i had no large margin around the cancer before you get matectomy they can reconstruct while you are under hershey medical center does i dont know where you go god bless and ty for you help its so nice to have someone to talk to peggy
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    Options

M- AMAZING
    I HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL HON ILL PRAY FOR YOU AND ALL WHY IS CHEMO NEEDED HON I WAS WONDERING I ONLY HAVE 2 WEEKS OF RADIATION WHEN HERSHEY TOOK MINE OUT HE FROZE IN A FREEZEBALL SO NOTHING CAME OUT HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THAT I GOT RECOSTUCTON WHILE I WAS UNDER GOD BLESS YOU HOPE TO SPEAK AGAIN PEGGY

Chemo is needed because
    The biopsy showed cancer cells outside the "containment area" and in some of the lymph nodes. Here is what the oncologist explained to me. Because there were cancer cells in the lymph nodes, there is the possibility that some could have traveled to other places in the body and are trying to establish themselves there. Chemotherapy helps to reduce the risk of this happening because it kills off cells that are multiplying rapidly. However, some cells are active, others are dormant. Chemo doesn't kill dormant cells. The chemo is given in series so that sooner or later all the cells will have awakened, and the chemo will have killed them. I don't know yet what the treatment or the schedule will be. Waiting is the hardest, though.
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options

LANIE940
    TY HON VM HOPE EVERYTHING IS GOOD ARE YOU FEELING WELL MINE WAS ON JULY 27 I FEEL GRAT MINE IS SO EMOTIONAL MORE THEN EVERYTHING IM BACK TO RUNNING AND WEIGHTS NEXT WEEK
    WHAT KIND DID YOU HAVE IF I MAY ASK AND YOUR TREATMENT GOD BLESS SWEETIE TYPEGGY

Mine was invasive ductal
    Mine was invasive ductal carcinoma. I am feeling pretty good right now. Looking forward to my Family vacation. I will find out more on the 31st of August. I have an appointment with the Medical oncologist. That is in the afternoon. I have an appointment with a general surgeon for this hernia I have. then on the 2nd of September, I have a meeting with the Radiologist. Then the 3rd I have a needle biopsy on a lymph node in my left breast area. At this time, my oncologist surgeon isn't overly concerned. It is just precautionary. Keeping my fingers crossed it's nothing.