Options
2»

Comments

• xskeetshooter
    xskeetshooter Member Posts: 169
    Options
    VickiSam said:

scared
    I will be thinking of you on Wednesday, 8/19 as I too have my first appointment with a breast cancer doctor, after receiving my diagnosis on Friday 8/14.

Please take someone with you if at all possible.

The below statement is helping me thru the next 24 hours ...

Cancer is in me .. but Cancer does not HAVE me. I am sure I heard this somewhere ...

good luck hun
    love that saying..so true. will be thinking of you friday
  • xskeetshooter
    Options
    traceyt said:

Xskeet
    Welcome although sorry for the reason! Lots of good advice has already been given. Find comfort here anytime day or night. When I found out about my dx I was sure it was a dream and I would wake up...time does wonders...allow yourself to feel the emotions, it does help in healing. Although BC is a physical disease, I find it to be mental as well, keeping a positive attitude has helped me so much but I do allow myself moments to just break down.
    ((hugs)) to you
    TT

thankyou
    so true
  • xskeetshooter
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Welcome Xsheetshooter
    You have already been given excellant advice and words of wisdom, so all I can add is a warm welcome. Just know that you are not alone and are welcome here anytime and for any reason. Pammy

thankyou
    love your picture, thanks for the welcome
  • xskeetshooter
    Options
    traceyt said:

Xskeet
    Welcome although sorry for the reason! Lots of good advice has already been given. Find comfort here anytime day or night. When I found out about my dx I was sure it was a dream and I would wake up...time does wonders...allow yourself to feel the emotions, it does help in healing. Although BC is a physical disease, I find it to be mental as well, keeping a positive attitude has helped me so much but I do allow myself moments to just break down.
    ((hugs)) to you
    TT

god bless
    it sure is mental, plus i have been off work now a month because of the surgery, i am a cook in a small place, so no sick benifits.no money at all coming in. but there is a god, got accepted yesterday for disability , thank god i dont have to worry about my bills now.
  • xskeetshooter
    Options
    meena1 said:

, I also had 2 PET scans. I
    , I also had 2 PET scans. I did not have any reaction to them at all. They want to do the scan to see if the cancer spread anywhere, I was diagnosed last July, I was so terrified. Both my husband and I were so scared, but i knew I had to do this. I read alot and googled alot about breast cancer. I was stage 4, and now my last scans and blood work were clean.
    I am sending positive energy your way for tomorrow!

i am so happy for you
    thank you , i will need all the positive energy i can get, god bless
  • xskeetshooter
    Options
    Tux said:

I also want to welcome you

I also want to welcome you to this board; you will find a supportive network here like no other. BC is so scary; we all need help getting through this. Visit anytime to find the support you need. We are behind you all the way!

Hugs & prayers sent your way!

thankyou
    thanks for the hugs and prayers, this site and you all has give me hope
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options

thankyou
    thanks for the hugs and prayers, this site and you all has give me hope

Welcome
    I am fairly new to this site too but have already received a warm welcome and advice that is so needed by ladies that have been there. I have only had 1 chemo treatment a week ago but have had a couple of tests with the radioative injection. I didn't have any problem with either of them and was just like the lady that posted earlier and went home for the day. I was told to stay away from children and pregnant women. It was the unknown but ended up being very easy. Good luck to you! This site is a godsend!
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Welcome
    I am fairly new to this site too but have already received a warm welcome and advice that is so needed by ladies that have been there. I have only had 1 chemo treatment a week ago but have had a couple of tests with the radioative injection. I didn't have any problem with either of them and was just like the lady that posted earlier and went home for the day. I was told to stay away from children and pregnant women. It was the unknown but ended up being very easy. Good luck to you! This site is a godsend!

Welcome to the boards,
    Welcome to the boards, although sorry for the reason. Yesterday I had a bone scan. The idea of being injected with radioactive something made me nervous. But it needed to be done. I hardly felt the injection at all. Then because it it needs time to circulate, I was told to come back in 3 hours. I laid on a narrow bench while the machine passed over me, from head to toe, x-raying me from top and bottom at the same time. The entire process took about 30 minutes, and the only discomfort was in trying to remain still all that time, but I was just about asleep when the process ended.
    Don't put this important test off any longer. The results will not change for the better if you wait. Sending you prayers and good wishes. Gracie
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options

Welcome to the boards,
    Welcome to the boards, although sorry for the reason. Yesterday I had a bone scan. The idea of being injected with radioactive something made me nervous. But it needed to be done. I hardly felt the injection at all. Then because it it needs time to circulate, I was told to come back in 3 hours. I laid on a narrow bench while the machine passed over me, from head to toe, x-raying me from top and bottom at the same time. The entire process took about 30 minutes, and the only discomfort was in trying to remain still all that time, but I was just about asleep when the process ended.
    Don't put this important test off any longer. The results will not change for the better if you wait. Sending you prayers and good wishes. Gracie

I also wanted to welcome you
    I haven't had that test as of yet, but I'm sure as the other ladies have said you can get through it. Please don't put it off any longer, as every step you finish puts you closer to the finish line.

Hope you appt went well today, keep us posted and let us know how you're doing.

God Bless

Aurora
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    meena1 said:

, I also had 2 PET scans. I
    , I also had 2 PET scans. I did not have any reaction to them at all. They want to do the scan to see if the cancer spread anywhere, I was diagnosed last July, I was so terrified. Both my husband and I were so scared, but i knew I had to do this. I read alot and googled alot about breast cancer. I was stage 4, and now my last scans and blood work were clean.
    I am sending positive energy your way for tomorrow!

A PET scan is good. It will
    A PET scan is good. It will show if the cancer is anywhere else. I had no reaction to it at all. Good luck and sending you lots of prayers!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    A bit late to your thread...
    Nonetheless, would like to welcome you here, xskeetshooter.