Any people with chemo induce cardiomyopathy

Options
tommaseena
tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Was wondering if there was anyone with chemo induce cardiomyopathy and what the cardiologist suggested.

Thanks,
Margo

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    No, sorry. What is it
    No, sorry. What is it Margo?

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Margo, I think at least one
    Margo, I think at least one of our regular posters has cardiomyopathy. You should hear from her/them soon. I just wanted you to know I saw your post and am concerned for you.

I hope you and Jake enjoyed your vacation week. Seems like it went by fast, even to me.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Margo, I think at least one
    Margo, I think at least one of our regular posters has cardiomyopathy. You should hear from her/them soon. I just wanted you to know I saw your post and am concerned for you.

I hope you and Jake enjoyed your vacation week. Seems like it went by fast, even to me.

Margo, I don't. Hope you
    Margo, I don't. Hope you had a good vacation too.
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options

Margo, I don't. Hope you
    Margo, I don't. Hope you had a good vacation too.

Means
    cardiomyopathy means that your heart muscle has weakened. Mine has not weakened much but still wanted information from a fellow sister/brother.

Vacation was a blast--thankyou all for asking.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Don't know much about this...
    But, just want you to know you're in my thoughts, Margo.

Will be hoping this condition can be lessened/controlled, so that you can move forward.

Kind regards, Susan
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    I have some troubles...
    Mainly irregular heartbeat.

My first cancer (rectal) chemo was Oxyliplatin. A know side is cardiac trouble. Then, with my second (breast) chemo was Adriamycin. Also know for cardiac trouble.

My doctors are hesitant to put me on any drugs at this point, since the condition has stabilized, now that I am going on four years post chemo. But, it's part of my checkups. And, it was suggested I reduce my caffiene intake and my sugar. And slowly ramp up my cardio exercise stuff...

Hugs to you, dearheart...Kathi