Thank You

npl8261
npl8261 Member Posts: 33
Thank you to everyone that has replied to my posts the other day about test results and my posts in the past. Like many others I come on this site on a regular basis and read through the different posts. I find this site to be very encouraging and very informative, and yes sometimes heartbreaking. Even though I believe I have a great doctor that spends extra time answering my questions and calls me in the evenings, weekends, etc, I still think of new questions for him but I often see the answer to my questions on this site. Because I have two small children (4 & 5) that don't give me much of a break during the day, I tend to go on this site in the evening to view the different responses and new posts. It is not always a smart thing since soon after I try to sleep and that is when I start thinking about everything that is happening to me.

It is great to compare my treatment plan to others and hear what happens during different treatments. Once I finish external radiaiton I will start Brachytherapy and I already have an idea of what to expect because a few have shared their experiences.

To Linda, thank you for explaining lots of the terminology that I wasn't so sure about. I find your responses to both mine and others to be extremely informative and I appreciate the extra effort and time it takes to respond.

On a side note, I started my radiation almost 2 weeks ago and started feeling sick that first evening. I was told that some people are more sensitive and will feel nausea right away, which is exactly what happened to me. I was put on Zofran to help with this but that caused other problems so I decided to go to Acupuncture last week and that was a huge help. I have not taken Zofran since. I wish I had gone during chemo. So my plan is to get acupuncture on a weekly basis throughout the remainder of my treatment.

It is not always easy to come on this site and read through the posts but it is a great site with lots of great information.

Thank You