I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!

vac
vac Member Posts: 97
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am a 7 yaer survivor, my daughter told me she had a lump on her breast, she is 26years old. I felt the lump it is soft and large. She does not have insurance, my insurance stops at the age of 25. She works part time and goes to school. I am going crazy I don't want her to go through the same thing I went through. I have always had insurance. Please I need advice. Thanks I know I can count on you.

Comments

• Barb A
    Barb A Member Posts: 123
    Who to contact
    Your daughter can contact your local American Cancer Society or the Susan G. Komen foundation. They can help get her the tests she needs. Hopefully it is only a cyst, but she should have it checked out ASAP to put your minds at ease.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Vac, I'm very sorry you and
    Vac, I'm very sorry you and your daughter are going through this anxiety. Please contact the American Cancer Society, who can refer you to local organizations and help you navigate this. Because of your own history and your daugher's palpable lump, she can probably qualify for a free mammogram. Also, check into her school. Many colleges offer some type of health insurance for their students that is automatic. That insurance may include basic diagnostic tests. I think it's very important that you do all you can to get your daughter the tests she needs. Very likely, this is benign, but you both need to know for sure. Good luck. Please let us know.

Mimi
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    mimivac said:

Vac, I'm very sorry you and
    Vac, I'm very sorry you and your daughter are going through this anxiety. Please contact the American Cancer Society, who can refer you to local organizations and help you navigate this. Because of your own history and your daugher's palpable lump, she can probably qualify for a free mammogram. Also, check into her school. Many colleges offer some type of health insurance for their students that is automatic. That insurance may include basic diagnostic tests. I think it's very important that you do all you can to get your daughter the tests she needs. Very likely, this is benign, but you both need to know for sure. Good luck. Please let us know.

Mimi

Contact the ACS. They will
    Contact the ACS. They will help you and get you in touch with others too that can help.

Keep us posted.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    I am very sorry about your
    I am very sorry about your daughter. The American Cancer Society is the best place to start at.

And, the Susan B. Komen foundation also might help.

Talk to your hospital or cancer center. They have programs to help people. They won't turn people down for treatment.

Good luck

Leeza
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    VAC
    Great advice from all. Don't wait, have your daughter checked out ASAP. Good Luck!! Diane
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    HUGS*HUGS*HUGS*
    Vac, all the gals here have given you excellent advice, please let us know how things go you will both be in my prayers!!!

Hugs,

RE
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    RE said:

HUGS*HUGS*HUGS*
    Vac, all the gals here have given you excellent advice, please let us know how things go you will both be in my prayers!!!

Hugs,

RE

Just sending you...
    my best wishes for you and your daughter. Everyone has offered you some great advice and I hope you find some help soon. I know it must be so terribly frightening what your are both going through right now. I have the same fear that my daughter, only 21, may have to face this one day.

You are in my prayers.
    dmc