New person

Wolfi
Wolfi Member Posts: 425
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone. I'm new here (I've posted my bc summary on the "Where were you when...." post).

I'm 41, married with two teenagers (one son, one daughter) and three cats. I live in southern Wisconsin. My double mastectomy is scheduled for 8/26 and I am looking forward to getting it over with so I can find out if I'll have to do chemo.

Thanks to all of you for all the information you posted. It has helped me a lot in the past few weeks to read your stories, fears, frustrations and successes.

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Can I ask ?
    What type of breast cancer you were diagnosised with ? I found out on Friday, 8/14 that I have DCIS - Left breast, and Her2 - positive.

I am confused. I also have teenagers at home - 1 boy and 1 girl, along with 2 dogs and a husband.

Vicki
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Welcome
    I already feel like I know you!! I too was just ready to get it over with and get to the other side!!! The healing side ... the moving forward with my life side...I felt like my life was on hold until I had my surgery!!

As I mentioned to you there are many cheese heads on here and maybe a few live near you!!

I have your surgery date on my Calender...

HUGZ... Calleen
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    VickiSam said:

Can I ask ?
    What type of breast cancer you were diagnosised with ? I found out on Friday, 8/14 that I have DCIS - Left breast, and Her2 - positive.

I am confused. I also have teenagers at home - 1 boy and 1 girl, along with 2 dogs and a husband.

Vicki

VickiSam
    I know what a confusing time this is for you ... so many questions and no clear answers yet... I recomend the book called "Dr Susan Love's Breast Book" it's the Bible for Women with breast Cancer.. It's got alot of information.. You can buy it at most book stores or even find it at a library...I also encourage you to post often and let our Sisters offer you comfort and advice.. They are the Wonderful!!!

HUGZ... CAlleen
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    VickiSam said:

Can I ask ?

Vicki

Type
    DCIS grade III right breast. Unknown on left because nothing shows up on any tests for me.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Just want to welcome you
    Just want to welcome you Wolfi to the site and wish you good luck with your surgery!
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi Wolfi
    Where abouts are you in southern Wisconsin? I live in Janesville. I had double mastectomy for grade 3 cancer in May and am 1/2 way thru chemo. I have a 23 year old daughter and a son who just graduated in June.

Keep us posted on your progress. I come to this board at least 2 times per day. It really helps me to talk to everyone so I know I am not alone out here.

Hang in there

LInda T
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    HI WOLFI
    I will look for where were you when... I want to welcome you to our board. You will be amazed at the comfort and support you will recieve here from all of our amazing sisters in Pink. You will not be alone.

Keep us posted and I will be praying for you on the 26th.
    hugs, jackie
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    rjjj said:

HI WOLFI
    I will look for where were you when... I want to welcome you to our board. You will be amazed at the comfort and support you will recieve here from all of our amazing sisters in Pink. You will not be alone.

Keep us posted and I will be praying for you on the 26th.
    hugs, jackie

Wolfi,
    Ditto to all that has

Wolfi,
    Ditto to all that has been said.
    Stef
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    fauxma said:

Wolfi,
    Ditto to all that has

Wolfi,
    Ditto to all that has been said.
    Stef

Hey Wolfi. Welcome! Good
    Hey Wolfi. Welcome! Good luck. Keep us updated.

Hugs ♥Lex♥
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Hi, fellow Cheesehead!
    Sorry to see you here, but you have definitely come to the right place. My beloved Moopy is a Southern Belle, but I was born in Racine and grew up in the south suburbs of Milwaukee - Oak Creek, to be exact. RitaZimm and Jojo Elizapest are fellow Cheeseheads as well.

Like you, Moopy was very anxious to get the mastectomy part over ASAP. Good luck with yours and with everything else!

Best,
    Joe
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    VickiSam said:

Can I ask ?

Vicki

Hi Wolfi and Vicki
    I jus wanted to welcome you both to the boards, this is great place to come for help and support.

Good Luck on both of your up comming surguries, keep us posted and let us know how it all goes, we're all here for you.

God Bless
    Aurora ♥
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Welcome, Wolfi. You will
    Welcome, Wolfi. You will find this board incredibly helpful as you begin your bc journey.
    Remember, we are here for you. Wish you the best with your 8/26 surgery.

Hugs & prayers sent your way...
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Welcome Wolfi
    Hi Wolfi and welcome. Good luck with your surgery on the 26th. Keep us posted on how you do.

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    VickiSam said:

Can I ask ?

Vicki

Hi and welcome to you too
    Hi and welcome to you too Vicki.

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • djteach
    djteach Member Posts: 273
    Hi Wolfi,
    It sounds like you

Hi Wolfi,

It sounds like you have some great support at home and we will do whatever we can here.
    Know that I will be praying for a successful surgery with clear lymph nodes and as little pain as possible. Welcome, friend!

love and gentle hugs,
    Donna
  • butterfly343
    butterfly343 Member Posts: 39
    Welcome wolfi. This is
    Welcome wolfi. This is really a wonderful place. We are all going thru, have been there or awaiting the different stages of this disease. It is so comforting to know that you are not alone, although sometimes it feels like it. There is always someone to talk to here.
    Julie
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member

Welcome wolfi. This is
    Welcome wolfi. This is really a wonderful place. We are all going thru, have been there or awaiting the different stages of this disease. It is so comforting to know that you are not alone, although sometimes it feels like it. There is always someone to talk to here.
    Julie

legging a bit behind...
    legging a bit behind... which apparently is nothing new... just wanted to welcome you.. I'm sorry for the reason you are here, but so glad you found us.

Hugs

~T
  • Cindy54
    Cindy54 Member Posts: 452
    taleena said:

legging a bit behind...
    legging a bit behind... which apparently is nothing new... just wanted to welcome you.. I'm sorry for the reason you are here, but so glad you found us.

Hugs

~T

Wolfi and Vicki
    This is the place to be. Great info, even better friends and comfort. Hugs, Cindy
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    djteach said:

Hi Wolfi,
    It sounds like you

Hi Wolfi,

It sounds like you have some great support at home and we will do whatever we can here.
    Know that I will be praying for a successful surgery with clear lymph nodes and as little pain as possible. Welcome, friend!

love and gentle hugs,
    Donna

Hi Wolfi! I will be praying
    Hi Wolfi! I will be praying for a successful surgery for you!
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Hi Wolfi
    Welcome to our group - these ladies (and gents) are amazing people! I will be praying for you on the 25th!
    Pat