On the mend!!

Options
woodsygal
woodsygal Member Posts: 64
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone!!

Thanks to all of you for your support through my "icky" phase. Eil, you are so sweet! I feel really good now, back to work and having fun with my residents! Funny how, not one of my so called co-workers even asked how I was. I am so caring and on top of things with them when they need it! They were more concerned about me coming in on my day off!
This saddens me, that is why I am there only for the residents and not for the "shallow" staff!!

Anyways....about me....I am feeling absolutely great! Walked the dogs tonight, and ready to hit the park with the grandbabies on Monday. Taking my son to the beach on Saturday. I am going to ask about the anti nausea patch when I see my doctor this week, or emend. Thanks for the info. Nausea is the pits!!!! I have started to eat more finally, making up for the lost time! Hope all is well with you sweeties!! Carlie

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    So good to here that you are
    So good to here that you are feeling so much better. And yes, it is good to focus on the positives. If the staff isn't responsive to you, blow them off. The patients are where it is at. Glad to see your energy is up and that you are just having a better time. Hope you can get the nausea meds you need and yes eat what you can to supplement for the times that you don't feel like it. It should all balance out a little more that way.
    Again, so glad to see you feeling good.
    Stef
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

So good to here that you are
    So good to here that you are feeling so much better. And yes, it is good to focus on the positives. If the staff isn't responsive to you, blow them off. The patients are where it is at. Glad to see your energy is up and that you are just having a better time. Hope you can get the nausea meds you need and yes eat what you can to supplement for the times that you don't feel like it. It should all balance out a little more that way.
    Again, so glad to see you feeling good.
    Stef

Glad your doing better. Eat
    Glad your doing better. Eat while you can, thats what I have to do.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Carlie
    Glad to see you are feeling better! Pammy
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    Options
    so glad to hear.......
    you are doing so good now. I start chemo on Thursday and it gives me hope that I will have good days along with the bad.

Love and Light,
    Vicki
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

so glad to hear.......
    you are doing so good now. I start chemo on Thursday and it gives me hope that I will have good days along with the bad.

Love and Light,
    Vicki

Glad to read that you are
    Glad to read that you are feeling better.
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options

so glad to hear.......

Love and Light,
    Vicki

Glad you are feeling better...
    sounds like everyone is getting a piece of your good feelings: the dogs, your son, the grand-babies, and us. How special is that?!
    dmc
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options

so glad to hear.......

Love and Light,
    Vicki

Vickie, yes there will be bad days...
    but with every bad day, I hope you have many more good days. What is that saying, "With every cloud there is rainbow," or is it "With every night there is a dawn." Oh well, you get the idea.
    dmc
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I'll be thinking of you
    I'll be thinking of you Vicki, hope it goes well for you.
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    HI Carlie
    Glad to see you are feeling better. I am really sorry that your coworkers are so nonsupportive but you will find that the residents will be there for you. I work in home health and really seem to be more connected than ever to my patients. They really are kind and understanding and it proves that sometimes you get more than you give.

Make sure you continue to eat and drink lots.. its still really important

Hugs
    Linda T
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Carlie
    Glad to see you are feeling better! Pammy

Happy to know that you are
    Happy to know that you are feeling better! Keep us updated.

♥ Kylez ♥
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    mlmjt1 said:

HI Carlie
    Glad to see you are feeling better. I am really sorry that your coworkers are so nonsupportive but you will find that the residents will be there for you. I work in home health and really seem to be more connected than ever to my patients. They really are kind and understanding and it proves that sometimes you get more than you give.

Make sure you continue to eat and drink lots.. its still really important

Hugs
    Linda T

Glad you are feeling better.
    Glad you are feeling better. Still try to eat what you can and drink lots of water.

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    Carlie so glad to hear things are better! Going to the park with the grand babies sounds wonderful and the beach with you son, oh what fun!!! Sorry to hear that your co-workers failed to show a bit of compassion, sadly in many cases folks just don't know what to say so they remain mute it is truly a shame. Hope you have a really good week!

RE
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Glad you are feeling better.
    Glad you are feeling better. Still try to eat what you can and drink lots of water.

Hugs, Diane ♥

So happy you feel better.
    So happy you feel better. And, bugger on your coworkers. Don't let it bother you.

You just take care of yourself!

Lex♥