((( CLAUDIA )))) AKA ((( CHENHEART))) Just following up..

Options
2»

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

MRI and Mammo 2day
    Well, I am not just sure what's happening, as I have to wait until the 25th to see the surgeon and get results,(UGH) but I did have an MRI and a mammo today. The MRI was done for 20 mins without a contrast medium and 20 minutes with one, and then the mammo. The tech reiterated that GENERALLY, pain does not signal cancer. I know, I know, I know!!! She said , after doing the mammo that she wanted me to stay in the waiting room, in case after seeing the mammo, my Dr wanted either additional pix or an ultrasound. Oh yeah, that conforted me~NOT! Good thing they weren't taking my b/p right then! LOL So, I waited, and the report came back that I could go home, no further pix needed. So, that either means, "whatever" it is is visible and thus no pix needed, or there was nothing to see, thus nothing to ultrasound.
    I sent my Reggie and my niece/daughter out shopping and errand running for the 2 hours I was at the hospital...and when they picked me up, Reggie surprised me with a new computer!!! He got me a Netbook; it is so tiny and sweet! I installed the latest Java, and I even got in to CSN chat tonight~ imagine that!!!
    So, I feel better this evening; no doubt a lot of it has to do with my stress level being lowered. I will let you know as soon as I know~but in the meanwhile thank you sooo much for caring about me, and all that you do and are! I love all of you!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Good News, Stressfully Administered
    Claudia, thank you for your post. Joe and I were both thinking of your going through the tests yesterday. No need for further testing does sound like good news to me, as Lynn wrote. Just wish you weren't made to wait as you were yesterday, and until the 25th.

At least you have your new Netbook to help entertain you while you wait. What a nice surprise it must have been, when Reggie presented you with a cool new computer. Those Netbooks are neat.

As for insurance, I'm with you on that soapbox. Yongy and I supported Hilary, but Joe and I voted for Obama last November.)

Thanks again for updating your kindred spirits. We all care about you and are thankful for no concerning test results.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

MRI and Mammo 2day
    Well, I am not just sure what's happening, as I have to wait until the 25th to see the surgeon and get results,(UGH) but I did have an MRI and a mammo today. The MRI was done for 20 mins without a contrast medium and 20 minutes with one, and then the mammo. The tech reiterated that GENERALLY, pain does not signal cancer. I know, I know, I know!!! She said , after doing the mammo that she wanted me to stay in the waiting room, in case after seeing the mammo, my Dr wanted either additional pix or an ultrasound. Oh yeah, that conforted me~NOT! Good thing they weren't taking my b/p right then! LOL So, I waited, and the report came back that I could go home, no further pix needed. So, that either means, "whatever" it is is visible and thus no pix needed, or there was nothing to see, thus nothing to ultrasound.
    I sent my Reggie and my niece/daughter out shopping and errand running for the 2 hours I was at the hospital...and when they picked me up, Reggie surprised me with a new computer!!! He got me a Netbook; it is so tiny and sweet! I installed the latest Java, and I even got in to CSN chat tonight~ imagine that!!!
    So, I feel better this evening; no doubt a lot of it has to do with my stress level being lowered. I will let you know as soon as I know~but in the meanwhile thank you sooo much for caring about me, and all that you do and are! I love all of you!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Just hate the waiting game.
    Just hate the waiting game. I am hoping that all will be well with you.
    What a nice surprise, a new computer.
    My prayers and positive thoughts are with you, my 50 ft friend.
    Stef
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

This sounds like good news to me
    Claudia, Now I hope the pain and swelling are resolved quickly and that the results are clear! Thanks for letting us know - many of us have you on our minds and hearts. xoxoxxo Lynn

When I went for my recent
    When I went for my recent mammo, the tech told me that they would do both breasts because they had felt something but that if it had been only one breast they would only do that one. They wait 365 days period so if I had a lump in the right one and it was 363 days since my last mammo they would do the lump breast but I would have to wait 3 days to do the other. Not very cost effective, huh? I am not sure it is just an insurance thing or if it is a medical issue. Like not having excessive dental xrays. NOt sure why the 365 thing but insurance certainly must have something to do with it. Of course, they will do mammo no matter how often if something is felt or indicates the need.
    Again, my good thoughts and positive energy beaming up to you.
    Stef
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    fauxma said:

When I went for my recent
    When I went for my recent mammo, the tech told me that they would do both breasts because they had felt something but that if it had been only one breast they would only do that one. They wait 365 days period so if I had a lump in the right one and it was 363 days since my last mammo they would do the lump breast but I would have to wait 3 days to do the other. Not very cost effective, huh? I am not sure it is just an insurance thing or if it is a medical issue. Like not having excessive dental xrays. NOt sure why the 365 thing but insurance certainly must have something to do with it. Of course, they will do mammo no matter how often if something is felt or indicates the need.
    Again, my good thoughts and positive energy beaming up to you.
    Stef

Calling Dr. Frankenstein! LOL
    It is silly , isn't it? I was actually told that mine was insurance related~ she out of habit moved my left breast "into position", and in a nano-second ( or is that mammo-second??) she took it away! I told her I wouldn't tell if she wouldn't, and she laughed and said, my insurance would bill me the $500.00 for an "un authorized" mammogram. So, I made the appointment for next month. What I also found hilarious was that even at the radiology clinic, I couldn't make an appointment~ they handed me a card with a phone number. I called it and guess who answered??? Uh huh~ the radiology clinic! We're doomed, I tell you, we're doomed!!!! :-)

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    chenheart said:

MRI and Mammo 2day

Hugs,
    Chen♥

My son has a Netbook too. He
    My son has a Netbook too. He has a bumper sticker that says, "My other computer is a data center" which he placed on the netbook.

Sorry about having to wait till the 25th. That is a bummer.
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Options
    chenheart said:

Calling Dr. Frankenstein! LOL
    It is silly , isn't it? I was actually told that mine was insurance related~ she out of habit moved my left breast "into position", and in a nano-second ( or is that mammo-second??) she took it away! I told her I wouldn't tell if she wouldn't, and she laughed and said, my insurance would bill me the $500.00 for an "un authorized" mammogram. So, I made the appointment for next month. What I also found hilarious was that even at the radiology clinic, I couldn't make an appointment~ they handed me a card with a phone number. I called it and guess who answered??? Uh huh~ the radiology clinic! We're doomed, I tell you, we're doomed!!!! :-)

Hugs,
    Claudia

oh WOW
    That's just following the rules a bit too far!! come on!!! shouldn't you be under the high risk catagory anyway?? and be getting a mamo every 6 months!!! The mamo place can request that and so can your Doctors and the insurance must pay for it!!!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Calleen said:

oh WOW
    That's just following the rules a bit too far!! come on!!! shouldn't you be under the high risk catagory anyway?? and be getting a mamo every 6 months!!! The mamo place can request that and so can your Doctors and the insurance must pay for it!!!

I was getting mammos every 6
    I was getting mammos every 6 months until I passed the "magic 5 year mark", which put my czncer odomoter back to zero ! Now I am an every day pt ( which is ok by me!) so that means every 12 months...silly , isn't it????

LOVE your smiling, beautiful picture, btw!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

MRI and Mammo 2day

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Gosh, Kindred Spirit...
    Bummer that you must wait until the 25th for final results. However, I'm hoping that the old "bad news arrives quickly" rule applies here. A lot can be seen via the imaging tests you had. So, I'll continue to keep all fingers (which makes typing difficult!) and toes crossed for the best of good luck - with heartfelt high hopes - your way. And, I've got my calendar marked.

A new computer - a netbook? Awesome! Your dude is a real sweetheart! Of course, you know this. :-)

Kind regards, Susan