Options
2»

Comments

• dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    woodsygal said:

Thanks gals!
    My oncologist did give me antinausea meds. The Aloxi that was put in my IV before chemo, we think caused the headaches. I do have some ativan on hand now. I have my friend picking me up some rice, so we will see how I do. I am On AC too, that is a tough combo I guess. Carlie

Carlie, you're more than welcome!
    Sounds like you have a good friend right there with you and your onc is working hard to prevent excessive nausea. That's a good combo; good friends and an onc that will listen. I think you will be just fine :).
    dmc
  • Taina
    Taina Member Posts: 166
    Options
    hello, i feel your pain. I'm
    hello, i feel your pain. I'm on my 2nd chemo tx. i feel the same the day after chemo for 4-5 days, sick, nausea, vomiting, headaches, my head and face feels so hot, can't sleep, can't eat, just looking at food makes me feel sick, can't get comfortable but th only thing i'm thinking at this time is i only have 2 more tx's to go....i know i can do this and will do this...i hope you feel better....
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Taina said:

hello, i feel your pain. I'm on my 2nd chemo tx. i feel the same the day after chemo for 4-5 days, sick, nausea, vomiting, headaches, my head and face feels so hot, can't sleep, can't eat, just looking at food makes me feel sick, can't get comfortable but th only thing i'm thinking at this time is i only have 2 more tx's to go....i know i can do this and will do this...i hope you feel better....

Hi Taina... I'm glad you
    Hi Taina... I'm glad you found this group... you will find a wealth of support here.... I do hope you too start feeling better... hang in there..

Hugs,

~T
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Taina said:

Hi and Welcome Taina. Only
    Hi and Welcome Taina. Only 2 to go, I hope they go quickly and more easily.

Hugs ♥Lex♥
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    ainvista said:

Nausea Meds
    Hi. I have one more chemo to go & had quite a bit of nausea after each treatment even with the anti-nausea meds I was given by IV along with the chemo meds. My oncologist then gave me a tablet packet of Emend & it really helped stop the nausea. It makes you very tired, but if you have to choose tired or sick to your stomach, right now you just make think that being tired is OK. With the Emend, you take one pill an hour before chemo, then another pill the next morning & the last pill the next morning. It's supposed to stop you from even feeling nausea in the 1st place rather than trying to get rid of it after you already have it. See if your oncologist will OK it for you. Good luck....Andrea. Hang in there, honey!!

I hope you get to feeling
    I hope you get to feeling better. Maybe they can give you a different anti nausea med that will help you.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    jnl said:

So sorry Carlie. Is there
    So sorry Carlie. Is there any other kind of anti nausea pills they can give you!

Please hang in there!

Hugs, Leeza

Carlie, I pray that you will
    Carlie, I pray that you will feel much better soon. I know we all say this, but, just hang in there.

Hugs ♥Lex♥
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Taina said:

Welcome Taina. I hope your
    Welcome Taina. I hope your chemo treatments ease up on you.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

Welcome Taina. I hope your
    Welcome Taina. I hope your chemo treatments ease up on you.

Carlie
    Hope you are feeling better, please hang in there!
    Taina, welcome, Congrates on being half way through!
    Pammy
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Options
    Stay strong, Carlie! The
    Stay strong, Carlie! The fight is hard, I know, but we are standing strong right beside you.

Hugs & prayers headed your way...
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Taina said:

Welcome Taina. Hope we can
    Welcome Taina. Hope we can offer you support and encouragement.

Hope your chemo gets easier for you.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    ainvista said:

Nausea Meds
    Hi. I have one more chemo to go & had quite a bit of nausea after each treatment even with the anti-nausea meds I was given by IV along with the chemo meds. My oncologist then gave me a tablet packet of Emend & it really helped stop the nausea. It makes you very tired, but if you have to choose tired or sick to your stomach, right now you just make think that being tired is OK. With the Emend, you take one pill an hour before chemo, then another pill the next morning & the last pill the next morning. It's supposed to stop you from even feeling nausea in the 1st place rather than trying to get rid of it after you already have it. See if your oncologist will OK it for you. Good luck....Andrea. Hang in there, honey!!

Hi Andrea and welcome to the
    Hi Andrea and welcome to the site. Only one more chemo left? Congrats to you early!

Hugs, Diane ♥