For all who have received a scarf or headwrap from Laurie....

Options
2»

Comments

• Brenda Jean
    Brenda Jean Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks to all and welcome Carol!
    Every one has been so great. so far so good as far as feeling ok. Tomorrow Naulausta shot a little frighted. But from all i have heard it it will be just fine. Can't wait to receive tha scarf. I rec my wig from my hostpital and am not sure if it is for me. Only time will tell. Hope every one relaxes for the resest of the week end. I know I am looking to some done time with my husband Randy and my last child at home (18) well even if it is only for 2 more weeks till he joins his sister at St John's University in Queens NY. PS I am 48 years young!

I will Miss them greatly but I am very happy i have a new exetend family of sisters!

How bLessed and I'm!
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options

Thanks to all and welcome Carol!
    Every one has been so great. so far so good as far as feeling ok. Tomorrow Naulausta shot a little frighted. But from all i have heard it it will be just fine. Can't wait to receive tha scarf. I rec my wig from my hostpital and am not sure if it is for me. Only time will tell. Hope every one relaxes for the resest of the week end. I know I am looking to some done time with my husband Randy and my last child at home (18) well even if it is only for 2 more weeks till he joins his sister at St John's University in Queens NY. PS I am 48 years young!

I will Miss them greatly but I am very happy i have a new exetend family of sisters!

How bLessed and I'm!

Brenda Jean and Everyone
    Hi, this is my first post. I too have been reading the posts since June. Like Brenda Jean, I was dx with triple neg. had a lumpectomy, then a rexcision with a Sentiel Node biopsy. Nodes are clean! But will have a simple mastectomy the end of this month. I have an appt. with an oncologist on Tues. I will be happy to finally have the mystery solved of how much chemo etc. But of course am scared to death. I am hoping the mastectomy pain won't be much worse than the surgeries I've had so far, the reexcision took out a huge amount of tissue. I feel so enlightned hearing first hand from all you wonderful people, it's easy to get the facts online, but you guys are wonderful.

What are these scarves? I have an appt. with a wig and prothesis salon on Wed. They want to see you before you lose your hair.

Anyway, I guess I've been rambling but it feels so good to finally make contact and begin talking with you all.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Skeezie said:

Brenda Jean and Everyone
    Hi, this is my first post. I too have been reading the posts since June. Like Brenda Jean, I was dx with triple neg. had a lumpectomy, then a rexcision with a Sentiel Node biopsy. Nodes are clean! But will have a simple mastectomy the end of this month. I have an appt. with an oncologist on Tues. I will be happy to finally have the mystery solved of how much chemo etc. But of course am scared to death. I am hoping the mastectomy pain won't be much worse than the surgeries I've had so far, the reexcision took out a huge amount of tissue. I feel so enlightned hearing first hand from all you wonderful people, it's easy to get the facts online, but you guys are wonderful.

What are these scarves? I have an appt. with a wig and prothesis salon on Wed. They want to see you before you lose your hair.

Anyway, I guess I've been rambling but it feels so good to finally make contact and begin talking with you all.

Welcome, Skeezie
    Glad you decided to finally post. Many, like you, read for a while before actively participating.

You've already been though a lot. Best wishes for your onc appointment on Tuesday - hope it goes well for you. Chemo can be difficult; but, it's doable. We'll be here for you, each step of the way. Scared? Of course you are. Yet, it'll feel better to have a treatment plan in place vs. wondering about it.

Visit often - keep us informed. We're all here to support and encourage each other.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Skeezie said:

Brenda Jean and Everyone

Welcome Skeezie
    Welcome Skeezie. No problem rambling in here. That is why we are here. Good luck with your appointment. Please post again and keep us updated.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Skeezie said:

Brenda Jean and Everyone

Welcome Skeezie
    Wanted to say Hi and welcome you to the boards. Glad you have decided to introduce yourself. We look forward to talking with you too. Pammy
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Skeezie said:

Brenda Jean and Everyone

Welcome skeezie! Hope to
    Welcome skeezie! Hope to see you posting more.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options

One Down Seven to go!!
    Hi Mimi, Zeeza, Pat, Aurora and all the other strong women fighting the beast!

I am happy to report the I had my port put in yesterday and completed my first round of Chemo today! It went very well. My nurse George at the Rozwell Cancer Institute in Bufallo, Ny was fabulous!! He really put me at ease. My oncologist met me first thing to go over the procedures and give me a hug!!! The best part of the day was that I also had an appt with the genetics clinic to get my results back. They came back negative--- the best words I have ever heard. I lost my mom and grandmother to bc and one sister dx 5 years ago is doing well. All I could think about was my children - daughter 21 and son 18.

Now it is time for me to beat the beast! And I will! One complication to all my treatments--I am a Type 1 Diabetic-- can not have all the steriods
    June 24 dx bc
    July 21 lump lymp nodes- 2 neg, 0 pos -- tumer size 2.7cm, clean margins, Triple Negative
    Stage 2 grade 3 Invasive ductal Carcinoma left breast
    Aug 13 port placed

Aug 14th Day 1 of Chemo Plan -- 4weeks of Doxorubicin (Adriamycin) and Cytoxan
    Then 4 weeks of Paclitaxel (Abrazane)
    Then 4 weeks off then of to Rads for 6 1/2 weeks Mon-Fri

At this point I hope to be filling my dance card with NED!!!!!!!!!!

I did feel a little nauseas tonight so I am taking it easy-- had a little more anti naus meds to.

Thanks Again to all,

HI Brenda
    Glad to hear that you're doing OK. Take it easy and keep coming back and letting us know how you're doing.

Mimi
  • mimivac
    Options
    Skeezie said:

Brenda Jean and Everyone

Welcome, Skeezie
    Glad that you found us. And ramble away! We all do it and need to do it with people who understand what we're going through. I'm a fellow triple negative survivor, too. There are lots of us out there.

Information about scarves is in the first post of this thread. I hope you order one. The look very nice and are free.

Mimi
  • mimivac
    Options
    mimivac said:

Welcome, Skeezie
    Glad that you found us. And ramble away! We all do it and need to do it with people who understand what we're going through. I'm a fellow triple negative survivor, too. There are lots of us out there.

Information about scarves is in the first post of this thread. I hope you order one. The look very nice and are free.

Mimi

whoops
    The information about scarves is not in this thread. Skeezie I will bump that thread up for you. The title line is something like "beautiful scarves and headwraps, FREE."

Mimi
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    I ordered one, but haven't
    I ordered one, but haven't received it yet. I probably won't be starting chemo for about 3-4 weeks. I would be happy to send you a pic, but that may be too long away. She is a truly wonderful lady and that it really nice of you to think of doing this. It's a fantastic idea!
  • mberg
    mberg Member Posts: 62
    Options
    As soon as I get mine I will
    As soon as I get mine I will send out a photo! Great idea!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    mberg said:

As soon as I get mine I will
    As soon as I get mine I will send out a photo! Great idea!

Angel, this is what Mimi
    Angel, this is what Mimi wants to do. It sounds cool if you are interested.

Hugs Lex♥