Options
2»

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    jikaras said:

surgery
    I had a double mast. on Jan. 14th, with expanders. My hospital stay was suppose to be overnight, but the morphine wasn't working, so they had to switch. They kept me in another day until I was comfortable.

The expanders are horrible, as are the drains (at least they were for me). Just remember that the expanders are temporary - and don't lift anything or raise your arms while the drains are in place.

Good luck

jill

Sorry about your expanders
    Sorry about your expanders jkaras. Hope they will be replaced soon for you.

Hugs, Leeza
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    jikaras said:

surgery
    I had a double mast. on Jan. 14th, with expanders. My hospital stay was suppose to be overnight, but the morphine wasn't working, so they had to switch. They kept me in another day until I was comfortable.

The expanders are horrible, as are the drains (at least they were for me). Just remember that the expanders are temporary - and don't lift anything or raise your arms while the drains are in place.

Good luck

jill

Wishing you good luck too
    Wishing you good luck too Jill.
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options

Wishing you good luck too
    Wishing you good luck too Jill.

Wishing you well, Nadca...
    for your surgery. As the other ladies said, the baby discussion is one for your onc and obgyn, we're just bc "experts" (by default) here. I hope they give you the answers that you want to hear.

Chemo is not always a given for each bc patient. Some only have rads and hormonal treatment, but as others have said, your med'l plan cannot be determined until have your surgery.

Oh, and well wishing for your husband also. Sometimes we forget that our loved ones are going through this, too. If he needs to talk to anyone, we have a couple of husbands on the boards here who are, or have, gone through this with their wives. They may be able to offer some words of wisdom for him.

Post when you can.
    dmc