Happy to meet you

Options
meena1
meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am new to the board, however, i have been fighting breast cancer for over a year. I am so glad i found a place to go to chat about cancer, i have been holding so much in. If anyone is in the Philadelphia area, give a shout out.

Thanks again to my new Sisters.

Comments

• dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Welcome meena1...
    I waited a long time, too, before joining the boards. Now, I'm addicted (well, at least until work begins again in Sept) and I'm on here almost everyday.

You will meet so many awesome women here (and some pretty cool husbands, too). They will walk with each of us every step of the way. Who else would do that?
    dmc
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

Welcome meena1...
    I waited a long time, too, before joining the boards. Now, I'm addicted (well, at least until work begins again in Sept) and I'm on here almost everyday.

You will meet so many awesome women here (and some pretty cool husbands, too). They will walk with each of us every step of the way. Who else would do that?
    dmc

Hi Meena! I just posted a
    Hi Meena! I just posted a note to you on the other thread. lol Welcome to the site!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Welcome meena
    I am glad you joined our group. You won't have to hold anything in anymore, we are always here for you. I'm from Montana.. but keep trying ..it really is a small world.
    hugs, jackie
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Meena though sorry for the
    Meena though sorry for the reason that you are here I am so glad that you found us. And Jackie is right... no need to hold anything in any more. That is why we are all here, to support and encourage eachother... welcome to the group!

♥ & hugs!

~T
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hi Meena
    Welcome to the board...I am from Wisconsin but no matter where we are from we are linked together fighting this horrible disease.

This is such a great group...I for one am glad I found everyone.

Hugs
    LInda T
  • ritazimm
    ritazimm Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Welcome
    Welcome to this place of refuge for us cancer survivors. I too did not find this site until I had been dealing with things for around a year and I have found it to be a tremendous blessing. I really thought that I must be crazy for all of the things I had been thinking and feeling. Then I found these lovely women and realized that it is just a part of the whole cancer adventure. Not a trip that I would recommend, by the way. Although we are all in this against our will, I am thankful that we are in it together. Thank you all for all you have done for me.

Meena1 I think that you will find that you can ask or talk about anything that is on your mind and someone will be able to relate to you. I know that our loved ones try to be there for us, but they just can't possibly understand fully what we are going through. That is why we have each other.

God bless you on your journey!
    Rita
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    "Official" welcome here, meena1...
    Because I think I "welcomed" you somewhere else?

I'm a now six year survivor, and joined this incredible group several months ago.

Glad you found us, glad to have you.
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options

"Official" welcome here, meena1...
    Because I think I "welcomed" you somewhere else?

I'm a now six year survivor, and joined this incredible group several months ago.

Glad you found us, glad to have you.

Meena
    Meena,
    I just wanted to welcome you to this awesome group of people.

Hugs,
    margo
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options

Meena
    Meena,

Hugs,
    margo

Welcome
    I'm glad you found us too. I keep telling my doctors that they need to tell EVERY person diagnosed with any type of cancer to go to this website because there will be a discussion board for them. This has truly been a blessing for all of us and we welcome you to the group.

And ... I love your name ... Meena. We also have a Taleena, Tommaseena and I'm Teena. Sounds like we might all have been separated at birth but had the same mother give us our names ... and she didn't have much of an imagination. Wonder if there's a Gina out there somewhere?

hugs.
    teena
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Hello meena~ you will not
    Hello meena~ you will not find a more supportive, funny, insightful,caring group of warrior-survivors anywhere!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I live North of Phila closer
    I live North of Phila closer to Allentown/Bethlehem. A good friend of mine lives in the Roxborough section, she is a 10 yr survivor of BC.
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Options
    lanie940 said:

I live North of Phila closer
    I live North of Phila closer to Allentown/Bethlehem. A good friend of mine lives in the Roxborough section, she is a 10 yr survivor of BC.

WELCOME
    Meena!! So glad you found us.. I'm a newbie sorta.. last month anyway.. and so far I have laughed cried cheered and felt completely at home here... Besides my Loving Daughters and BFF this site has been the best support system EVER!!!

♥HUGZ...Calleen♥
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Calleen said:

WELCOME
    Meena!! So glad you found us.. I'm a newbie sorta.. last month anyway.. and so far I have laughed cried cheered and felt completely at home here... Besides my Loving Daughters and BFF this site has been the best support system EVER!!!

♥HUGZ...Calleen♥

Hi Meena:
    Sorry that we had to meet this way. I too am from the Philly area (chester county). We are lucky in that we have many wonderful doctors and hospitals close by.

This site is a wonderful support system. Where have been receiving your treatments?

Jane
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Let it all out!
    No need to hold anything in anymore, Meena. Welcome and hope to see you around a lot. I'm from the DC area, so that's not too, too far. Passed by your neck of the woods last weekend on my way to NJ. Looking foward to getting to know you.

Mimi
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Kylez said:

Hi Meena! I just posted a
    Hi Meena! I just posted a note to you on the other thread. lol Welcome to the site!

Welcome and hi Meena! Hope
    Welcome and hi Meena! Hope to hear more from you!

Keep us updated on how you are doing!

Hugs ♥Lex♥
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Meena
    Meena,

Hugs,
    margo

Hi Meena and welcome!

Hi Meena and welcome!