Options
2»

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

It is 100% true about those
    It is 100% true about those in wheelchairs going straight to the front of the line! My father in law was in a chair, and more often than not, you actually get to in the exit line...and of course, with you going to The Happiest Place on Earth...well they are well versed in being kind to the visitors! Have a BLAST!!!!!

Oh yeah, you are correct...we do love you! LOL

Chen♥

Glad you can get into the
    Glad you can get into the dentist! So happy for you!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

It is 100% true about those
    It is 100% true about those in wheelchairs going straight to the front of the line! My father in law was in a chair, and more often than not, you actually get to in the exit line...and of course, with you going to The Happiest Place on Earth...well they are well versed in being kind to the visitors! Have a BLAST!!!!!

Oh yeah, you are correct...we do love you! LOL

Chen♥

So glad that it will work
    So glad that it will work out for you! Now you can enjoy that weekend.

♥ Kylez ♥
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

Goodbye rotten attitude
    Thank you all for your positive words of encouragement and love. Today I went in for my herceptin infusion and had my counts taken. I barely made the safe side for the white blood cell count, but the good news is I can go to the dentist. I've never been so overjoyed about going to the dentist in my life. I have my appointment tomorrow at 12:30 P.M. YIPPIE. So if all goes right I will take your sisterly advice and go to Disneyland on Sunday with my kids. I will probably rent a wheel chair and have my fifteen year old be my chauffer (sp) for the day. Thank you so much just reading your replies made me cry, I also realized that I am so loved. Thanks again Love to all Surf

I am glad that you can go to
    I am glad that you can go to the dentist and even more glad that you are going to Disneyland with your kids. Because those people that are there that might or might not stare are not part of your future or your memories. But your kids are and everyday you create new memories to share and cherish. How sad if you let the possible reaction of strangers keep you from making wonderful memories with your children. Your kids don't care if you have hair, teeth or anything else they are just glad they have you. Build those beautiful moments because they are beautiful moments and so, Surgermom, are you. Truly beautiful.
    Have a great time in Disneyland and tell Mickey hi for me.
    Stef
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    aw surf
    I am so sorry this had to happen to you, and you do not look pale or bloated (I gotta give you the bald part, but you sure do look cute!). I didn't have problems while on chemo, but noticed later that my bite has completely moved, and my gums are receding in one area, and I never had any dental problems before, never even had a cavity! I think I might have a few now.

Wish I could help in some way, but if you want to come by after I get home, we can sit on the swing in the front and vent together!

Hope it gets better for you soon!

=^..^=
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

Goodbye rotten attitude
    Thank you all for your positive words of encouragement and love. Today I went in for my herceptin infusion and had my counts taken. I barely made the safe side for the white blood cell count, but the good news is I can go to the dentist. I've never been so overjoyed about going to the dentist in my life. I have my appointment tomorrow at 12:30 P.M. YIPPIE. So if all goes right I will take your sisterly advice and go to Disneyland on Sunday with my kids. I will probably rent a wheel chair and have my fifteen year old be my chauffer (sp) for the day. Thank you so much just reading your replies made me cry, I also realized that I am so loved. Thanks again Love to all Surf

I'm late getting here...
    So sorry for the complications, Surf. Hope all went well at the dentist today.

Also hoping you're able to spend the day at Disneyland - and make that wish upon a star! Remember, don't tell - or, it won't come true. Although everyone here can probably guess it! :-)

Kind regards, Susan
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    cats_toy said:

aw surf
    I am so sorry this had to happen to you, and you do not look pale or bloated (I gotta give you the bald part, but you sure do look cute!). I didn't have problems while on chemo, but noticed later that my bite has completely moved, and my gums are receding in one area, and I never had any dental problems before, never even had a cavity! I think I might have a few now.

Wish I could help in some way, but if you want to come by after I get home, we can sit on the swing in the front and vent together!

Hope it gets better for you soon!

=^..^=

Surf, glad you can see the
    Surf, glad you can see the dentist. That will make you feel so much better.

Enjoy your day with the kids at Disney!

We will all be here waiting to hear how it went.

I just hope your day and weekend will be brighter now! ☼

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

I'm late getting here...
    So sorry for the complications, Surf. Hope all went well at the dentist today.

Also hoping you're able to spend the day at Disneyland - and make that wish upon a star! Remember, don't tell - or, it won't come true. Although everyone here can probably guess it! :-)

Kind regards, Susan

♥Surf☻
    I hope that you got everything taken care of at the dentist so that you feel better! And glad you are going to take a ride to Disney! Have a great time!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Hi Surf
    So sorry for all the side effects. There have been plenty of others here with teeth problems during chemo. Another unfortunate side effect and blow to our self esteem. It's not easy to have all these things that seemed to have worked fine before, like our teeth, suddenly fail us. It feels like a betryal. But, it's a temporary betrayal. Your teeth will be fixed; your hair will come back; your healthy color will return. In the meantime, you are still a beautiful person who is fighting like hell to live a long life with your kids. That's truly awe-inspiring. I'm glad you've decided to go to Disney afterall. I can picture you having a great time. Get plenty of rest time in, though. And don't forget to hydrate!

Surf, maybe when your chemo is over you can treat yourself to a little trifle that will make you feel good about your looks again. Perhaps a facial and pedicure or day at the spa. It helps get our self esteem chugging along again. Just a thought. Have a great time this weekend!

Mimi
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Hi Surf
    So sorry for all the side effects. There have been plenty of others here with teeth problems during chemo. Another unfortunate side effect and blow to our self esteem. It's not easy to have all these things that seemed to have worked fine before, like our teeth, suddenly fail us. It feels like a betryal. But, it's a temporary betrayal. Your teeth will be fixed; your hair will come back; your healthy color will return. In the meantime, you are still a beautiful person who is fighting like hell to live a long life with your kids. That's truly awe-inspiring. I'm glad you've decided to go to Disney afterall. I can picture you having a great time. Get plenty of rest time in, though. And don't forget to hydrate!

Surf, maybe when your chemo is over you can treat yourself to a little trifle that will make you feel good about your looks again. Perhaps a facial and pedicure or day at the spa. It helps get our self esteem chugging along again. Just a thought. Have a great time this weekend!

Mimi

Mimi had a great idea Surf,
    Mimi had a great idea Surf, as always. Treat yourself to something special. You deserve it. I hope everything went well with the dentist and that you are getting ready or already at Disney with your kids. Have a great time there!

Gentle hugs!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Mimi had a great idea Surf,
    Mimi had a great idea Surf, as always. Treat yourself to something special. You deserve it. I hope everything went well with the dentist and that you are getting ready or already at Disney with your kids. Have a great time there!

Gentle hugs!

Hope you are enjoying Disney
    Hope you are enjoying Disney with your kids at this very moment! Think of all those wonderful memories you will make that will last a lifetime!

Leeza
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    jnl said:

Hope you are enjoying Disney
    Hope you are enjoying Disney with your kids at this very moment! Think of all those wonderful memories you will make that will last a lifetime!

Leeza

I am hoping that you went to
    I am hoping that you went to Disney today and had a wonderful time! Post and let us know.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Kylez said:

I am hoping that you went to
    I am hoping that you went to Disney today and had a wonderful time! Post and let us know.

Did you go to Disney? Did
    Did you go to Disney? Did the dentist help you out? I hope you post with some good news about yourself.

Lex♥