Reconstruction after radiation

Options
meena1
meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had a masectomy on Nov 10,2008. I had an expander put in at the time. I want to get implants put in, however, i do not want to have the trans flap or back surgery. Has any one had success with just having an implant put in without going through major surgery

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Sorry
    Hi Meena and welcome. I had a lumpectomy, so, I can't really help you with information, but, I know several on here will post and answer your questions. Good luck to you.

Hugs ♥Lex♥
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Sorry
    Hi Meena and welcome. I had a lumpectomy, so, I can't really help you with information, but, I know several on here will post and answer your questions. Good luck to you.

Hugs ♥Lex♥

I Had
    The flap surgery 2 weeks ago tomorrow.. It was very succesful... yes major but my new boobs look good and it's over with!!! I felt bad/weak/crappy/sore for just a short time compared to the rest of my life...I have had NO PAIN!!! really!!! I had the morphine pump taken out the night of my surgery and have just had 1 other pain med that that was non narcotic.. my tummy looks great too... The very very very worst part??? the drains!!! My Daughter nic named them dingle berries....all of us have different views and fears...What was good for me may not be the same for anyone else... I LOVE having choices!!!! Let us know what you decide!!!!

HUGZ.... Calleen
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Welcome Meena1 to the
    Welcome Meena1 to the site.

I hope that we can give you support and encouragment.

Hope to get to know you thru your postings.

I had rads, but, after I had a lumpectomy.

Wishing you good luck!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    susie09 said:

Welcome Meena1 to the
    Welcome Meena1 to the site.

I hope that we can give you support and encouragment.

Hope to get to know you thru your postings.

I had rads, but, after I had a lumpectomy.

Wishing you good luck!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

If you have rads, does that
    If you have rads, does that make reconstructive surgery harder for you?

Good luck to you Meena!