A romantic get-away

Options
dmc_emmy
dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Dear Friends,

My husband and I are going on a week-end trip to the suburbs of Chicago. We got a great deal, flight and hotel, and decided that we needed time away. I will get my blood test results in a couple of days, but at this point I am so excited about my weekend get-away, that I am not giving dr, cancer, blood work,... or anything else that has to do with this body of mine, much thought and decided I will deal with it when I get back.

Leaving on Aug 21st, and poor sweet Emmy is not invited (my choice this time), since we are flying instead of taking a 6-hour drive.

Just thought I would let you know that this ol' gal still knows how to have a good time. :D
dmc

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    dmc
    you have a great time!!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    You take your get-away and
    You take your get-away and have a good time. Relax, renew and connect with your hubby.
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    That's Great To Hear
    You're starting to sound like your old self, how wonderful, and what a great idea too. Have a good time and take care!

Aurora
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    That's the way to do it.
    That's the way to do it. Have a great time!
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    dmc.... sooooo glad to hear
    dmc.... sooooo glad to hear that you will be taking a "fun" break... you deserve it... have a wonderful time... and I want to hear all about it when you get home... happy travels..

♥ & Hugs

~T
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Glad to hear about FUN
    A romantic getaway weekend....now I'm jealous. ♥xoxoxo Lynn
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I am grinning ear to ear! I
    I am grinning ear to ear! I hope you have the best time ever~ I can think of no one who deserves it more! WONDERFUL!!!!!!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • dmc_emmy
    Options
    chenheart said:

I am grinning ear to ear! I
    I am grinning ear to ear! I hope you have the best time ever~ I can think of no one who deserves it more! WONDERFUL!!!!!!

Hugs,
    Claudia

You're all so sweet!
    I'm really looking forward to it, so is my hubby. I'll miss Emmy, but my daughter will be here to take good care of her. She'll have her hands full: 3 dogs, a cat, and a guinea pig to care for while we are gone for the week-end.

A walk on the beach-holding hands like newlyweds, a luncheon for two at an outside cafe', a quiet evening in a very paush hotel (we got a great deal), and maybe we'll hop on the train and take a trip into town just walk the Magnificent Mile. Yes, it should be great fun--just keep thinking sunshine for that week-end--my husband is not keen on the idea of walking in the rain :-o.
    dmc
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

You're all so sweet!
    I'm really looking forward to it, so is my hubby. I'll miss Emmy, but my daughter will be here to take good care of her. She'll have her hands full: 3 dogs, a cat, and a guinea pig to care for while we are gone for the week-end.

A walk on the beach-holding hands like newlyweds, a luncheon for two at an outside cafe', a quiet evening in a very paush hotel (we got a great deal), and maybe we'll hop on the train and take a trip into town just walk the Magnificent Mile. Yes, it should be great fun--just keep thinking sunshine for that week-end--my husband is not keen on the idea of walking in the rain :-o.
    dmc

Wanna do couples?????
    Oh, then I guess it wouldn't be as romantic, huh? I'm so happy for you!! Bumming for me, but happy for you! You deserve a retreat from it all to recharge. When you get back, remember, we want details!!! Pammy
  • Taina
    Taina Member Posts: 166
    Options
    HAVE A GREAT ROMANTIC WK
    HAVE A GREAT ROMANTIC WK OFF.....
  • dmc_emmy
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Wanna do couples?????
    Oh, then I guess it wouldn't be as romantic, huh? I'm so happy for you!! Bumming for me, but happy for you! You deserve a retreat from it all to recharge. When you get back, remember, we want details!!! Pammy

Ummm, if you're in the Chicago area...
    it's always a doable... next time :), sorry. We plan to go there often. If it's any consolation, I'll be thinking of you.

My daughter actually said to me, "I can't imagine you being romantic." My response, "I had you, didn't I?" My daughter, age 21, still my child with total honesty--speaks what she thinks.
    dmc
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Great idea. Enjoy your time
    Great idea. Enjoy your time together and try to forget about everything but yourselves. Hugs, Lili
  • dmc_emmy
    Options

Great idea. Enjoy your time
    Great idea. Enjoy your time together and try to forget about everything but yourselves. Hugs, Lili

mmontero38-totally off topic...
    Wow! You look a lot like my sister-in-law. You wear your hair the same, it's the same color, and even smile like her. I wonder if you're related?
    dmc