I made it through round 1!!!!

Options
woodsygal
woodsygal Member Posts: 64
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi,

Oh, you all are so wonderful writing to me and I DID feel so empowered today. No tears, tho, I watched every bit of this toxin go in me. I am urinating pink. I was at the hospital for 5 hours, lots of info day and iron infusions too! The nurses and my breast advocate, Kelly, were all so super and caring. Kelly just called to talk to me.

After, I went and got three new light nighties, and healthy "comfort" food. Picked up my anti-nausea meds. It is sooo hot here in Vt. My daughter just came by and french braided my hair. My best friend Wendy is at my workplace scrounging up people to make food and all. She is my rock!!! I hope the night goes okay, but, I have been drinking alot of water. Hey, got a new thermometer out of the deal today, plus tons of info......ughhh!

It is amazing all the people, volunteers, and nurses whom have gone through this. Even a lady at the bank. I have been trying to surround myself with supportive, caring people, not the negative ones. Once again, I am blessed by you all!! Love, Carlie

Comments

• mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hi Carlie
    Ya Hoo...#1 is done...How many left to go and what are you getting for chemo?

Sounds like you have lots of support...Dont forget to drink variety of liquids...gatorade is good for your electrolytes

Keep us updated on how things are going for you
    Hugs
    Linda T
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Carlie
    How encouraging to hear that you made it through your chemo. Isn't it comforting when you are surrounded by caring people? So glad Kelly and your nurses were there for you.
    Kudos on the retail therapy too! Hubby taking me to dinner & shopping shortly here since I have had a teary day. (geesh, if I known tears would be comforted by him taking me shopping, I may have done it more often!!).
    Thanks for keeping us posted! Pammy
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Carlie
    How encouraging to hear that you made it through your chemo. Isn't it comforting when you are surrounded by caring people? So glad Kelly and your nurses were there for you.
    Kudos on the retail therapy too! Hubby taking me to dinner & shopping shortly here since I have had a teary day. (geesh, if I known tears would be comforted by him taking me shopping, I may have done it more often!!).

Carlie
    Carlie,
    I am happy that your first one is done. You will be just fine.

Hugs, Margo
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Carlie

Carlie
    YAY!!!! You did it!!! now get comfy and rest easy knowing we are all here for you!! You sound great!!! What kind of food did you get??? I'm all about the food especially when I'm hungry!!!!

Hugz...Calleen
  • woodsygal
    Options
    Calleen said:

Carlie
    YAY!!!! You did it!!! now get comfy and rest easy knowing we are all here for you!! You sound great!!! What kind of food did you get??? I'm all about the food especially when I'm hungry!!!!

Hugz...Calleen

Food...
    Hi Calleen,

Thanks for writing me. I got berries, bagels, crackers,apples, pineapple. Lot's of drinks, like flavored water, and ginger ale. I have had friends already call with offers of food, I am more worried about feeding my son. I have a slight headache, so I took some tylenol, I HATE MEDS!!!! I went through both surgeries with out pain meds. I have the day off tomorrow, but, back to work on Wed. Carlie
  • woodsygal
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Carlie

Rounds!
    Hi Pammy,

I have seven more rounds. One every two weeks. Also, Neulasta Im the day after. It felt so nice to wear a new nightie, they look like dressess, so I can wear them out too. Thanks for caring! Carlie
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I am sooo happy that today
    I am sooo happy that today you felt empowered! You are a powerful sister, you know, no doubt about that. For the record, the Neulasta shot may cause flu-like symptoms and all 206 of your bones may ache; from minor to severe. This generally happens about 36 hours after the shot, and can last 3 to 5 days. Be sure and ask your Dr what he recommends for the pain IF this happens to you. As with all things cancer-related, some sail thorough it, others, not so much! Better to know and be prepared, just in case!

I am so glad you have supportive friends and family to surround yourself with! HOORAY!!!!

Chen♥
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    woodsygal said:

Food...
    Hi Calleen,

Thanks for writing me. I got berries, bagels, crackers,apples, pineapple. Lot's of drinks, like flavored water, and ginger ale. I have had friends already call with offers of food, I am more worried about feeding my son. I have a slight headache, so I took some tylenol, I HATE MEDS!!!! I went through both surgeries with out pain meds. I have the day off tomorrow, but, back to work on Wed. Carlie

You go back to work on
    You go back to work on Wednesday? Oh dear. I hope you will be alright.

Congrats on today!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    great start
    so glad for you that it went so well. First one down, and the rest will fly by. Take care and keep us posted
    Cat
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Calleen said:

Carlie

Hugz...Calleen

Yea! You got #1 done!

Yea! You got #1 done!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

great start
    so glad for you that it went so well. First one down, and the rest will fly by. Take care and keep us posted
    Cat

Congrats!
    Congrats!

Hoping they will be easier on you from now on!

Hang in there!

♥ Kylez ♥
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

Congrats!
    Congrats!

Hoping they will be easier on you from now on!

Hang in there!

♥ Kylez ♥

Happy that it went well for
    Happy that it went well for you today!

♥ Hugs, Kristin ♥
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Kristin N said:

Happy that it went well for
    Happy that it went well for you today!

♥ Hugs, Kristin ♥

Carlie
    Congratulations Carlie!

♥Love, Jeanne♥
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Carlie
    Congratulations Carlie!

♥Love, Jeanne♥

That is a great start
    That is a great start Carlie!

How many more do you have to do?

It seems the numbers vary with each and every one.

Good luck!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Glad #1 went so well for you...
    One done means closer to finish! I'll be hoping it continues to go this way for you.
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options

Glad #1 went so well for you...
    One done means closer to finish! I'll be hoping it continues to go this way for you.

Here's to you!! Hang in
    Here's to you!! Hang in there and know you are in my thoughts...

Hugs

~T
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Hi Carlie
    It sounds like everything went as good as it can, I think you have a very positive attitude by the sounds of your post, this and the support of caring people, make all the difference in the world. And we are all also blessed by you, and your positive outlook.
    love, Jackie
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Carlie
    Carlie,
    I am happy that your first one is done. You will be just fine.

Hugs, Margo

Carlie, so happy you got the
    Carlie, so happy you got the first one done!