Roll Call for all my brand new non smokers

Options
tjhay
tjhay Member Posts: 655
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ok it has been a week for most of us and it is time to report in on your progress, this is the list of people that jumped on the wagon, so lets here from you

Aurora
IamHope
Padee/Pat
taleena
tjhay = had one smoke on friday night while drinking.... it was nasty, so i guess i will stay a non-smoker
faithandprayer
Becky

Ok who else has news good or bad about your not smoking. We are suppose to be supporting ecah other here so lets hear it.
tjhay

Comments

• Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Options
    tjhay
    glad you hated the ciggarete!!! I wouldn't count that as a slip!!! just a confirmation of your commitment!!!

congrats on 1 week!!!!
  • Stubbrn
    Stubbrn Member Posts: 19
    Options
    smoker
    I smoked a pak a day, when I found I had bc I smoked a little more but when I met with the plastic surgeon he said he would not do the procedure if I didn't stop so the question was new BOOBS or Cigarettes---NEW BOOBS WON did take a pufss yesterday upset about finances
  • tjhay
    Options
    Stubbrn said:

smoker
    I smoked a pak a day, when I found I had bc I smoked a little more but when I met with the plastic surgeon he said he would not do the procedure if I didn't stop so the question was new BOOBS or Cigarettes---NEW BOOBS WON did take a pufss yesterday upset about finances

Stubbrn
    Does that meant you would like to be added to the list of brand new non smokers?
    tjhay
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    tjhay said:

Stubbrn
    Does that meant you would like to be added to the list of brand new non smokers?
    tjhay

Checking in even though
    Checking in even though guilty conscience... I have completely fallen off the wagon... I am hopeing to try again after Wednesday... either that or they will surely carry me off in a straight jacket... sorry...

♥ & hugs

~T

I'm a bad girl... a very bad girl!
  • tjhay
    Options
    taleena said:

Checking in even though
    Checking in even though guilty conscience... I have completely fallen off the wagon... I am hopeing to try again after Wednesday... either that or they will surely carry me off in a straight jacket... sorry...

♥ & hugs

~T

I'm a bad girl... a very bad girl!

Well every group needs one
    so I guess you get to be out group bad girl. Don't worry about falling off the wagon, you have had a hard week and we all understand. This time when you climb on board put yourself between to of us so we can keep and eye on your group bad girl. hehehe
    dont worry about it T, this wagon will slow down and come to a complete stop on Thursday and pick you up, ok?
    tjhay
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    tjhay said:

Well every group needs one
    so I guess you get to be out group bad girl. Don't worry about falling off the wagon, you have had a hard week and we all understand. This time when you climb on board put yourself between to of us so we can keep and eye on your group bad girl. hehehe
    dont worry about it T, this wagon will slow down and come to a complete stop on Thursday and pick you up, ok?
    tjhay

Moment of truth
    I'm checking in but not doing good. I did quit on the 3rd stayed true until the 4th and was back smoking on the 5th and ever since. I bought a pack on Wednesday that lasted until Saturday and then broke down and got another pack.

I don't know whats the matter with me, and I'm feeling so guilty too. On top of that I was supposed to go back to work, which I did do last Monday, but after that I couldn't get myself up and out of bed, so I'm feeling like a real loser right now. My house is a mess, and I'm feeling really down about not being able to carry the load I usually do.

I've never had a problem with depression, so I don't know if that is what I experiencing or what. I think maybe it's time to talk to the doctor about some kind of anti-depression meds. That actually scares me half to death. Because I've never been on any and don't know what to expect, or how long they wqill take to work.

I know what I'm going through is probably normal, but I don't like it. My norm consists of working full time, going to school full time, taking care of the house and kids, while supporting the whole house finacially too. Needless to say my Husbro, as I call him is a loser!. He's supportive of me to a degree but overall he is a loser who can't support his family financilly. And that's what I need to be able to rest alittle easier.

Since I just had my second surgury a little over 2 weeks ago, I can pull that card at work. But the last time I was at work my Boss mentioned a new postion that pays $2.00 more an hour. I don't want to miss out on it but it look I might have to for now. I called and asked about state disability and they said I would qualify, even if I worked part time. So I think that's what I'm going to look into at least for a while. That way I don't lose my job or have to take a leave of absence, but I can still pay the bills.

It's hard for me to admit that I may have a problem with depression sinking in. I finally go see the Oncologist this coming Friday and will know for sure what my treatment plan will be, my surgeon has said chemo all along but hen after the last surgury she said maybe only rad's, so I'm crossing my fingers. (no stress there, right!)

I really want to quit smoking, and i haven't given up on me yet, so I'll set a new date for Saturady, after my next appt.

Sorry I'm letting everyone down, and dumping all this here, but that's where I'm at right now, (maybe I should copy and paste this to a new thread)

Tj you are awesome, by keeping this going, I really hope to be on track soon.

♥Aurora
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

Moment of truth
    I'm checking in but not doing good. I did quit on the 3rd stayed true until the 4th and was back smoking on the 5th and ever since. I bought a pack on Wednesday that lasted until Saturday and then broke down and got another pack.

I don't know whats the matter with me, and I'm feeling so guilty too. On top of that I was supposed to go back to work, which I did do last Monday, but after that I couldn't get myself up and out of bed, so I'm feeling like a real loser right now. My house is a mess, and I'm feeling really down about not being able to carry the load I usually do.

I've never had a problem with depression, so I don't know if that is what I experiencing or what. I think maybe it's time to talk to the doctor about some kind of anti-depression meds. That actually scares me half to death. Because I've never been on any and don't know what to expect, or how long they wqill take to work.

I know what I'm going through is probably normal, but I don't like it. My norm consists of working full time, going to school full time, taking care of the house and kids, while supporting the whole house finacially too. Needless to say my Husbro, as I call him is a loser!. He's supportive of me to a degree but overall he is a loser who can't support his family financilly. And that's what I need to be able to rest alittle easier.

Since I just had my second surgury a little over 2 weeks ago, I can pull that card at work. But the last time I was at work my Boss mentioned a new postion that pays $2.00 more an hour. I don't want to miss out on it but it look I might have to for now. I called and asked about state disability and they said I would qualify, even if I worked part time. So I think that's what I'm going to look into at least for a while. That way I don't lose my job or have to take a leave of absence, but I can still pay the bills.

It's hard for me to admit that I may have a problem with depression sinking in. I finally go see the Oncologist this coming Friday and will know for sure what my treatment plan will be, my surgeon has said chemo all along but hen after the last surgury she said maybe only rad's, so I'm crossing my fingers. (no stress there, right!)

I really want to quit smoking, and i haven't given up on me yet, so I'll set a new date for Saturady, after my next appt.

Sorry I'm letting everyone down, and dumping all this here, but that's where I'm at right now, (maybe I should copy and paste this to a new thread)

Tj you are awesome, by keeping this going, I really hope to be on track soon.

♥Aurora

We pick up the pieces and move forward!
    Aurora, please do not apologize to us. You are not letting us down. Quitting smoking, and especially now, is extremely hard to do. I watched enough people try to quit when they didn't have stress in their lives and we are all trying at a time when we have been the most tested in our lives!! PLease do not beat yourself up over it!!
    You may be experiencing some depression and you are wise to talk to your Doc about it. You also may find some weight lifted off your shoulders once you know your plan. I know I felt a tremendous sense of relief when I found out. Still scared, but not so weighted down with the unknown.
    Also, checking into the disability sounds like a plan as well. Hang in there. You and I need to get on a better sleep schedule!!! I just realized how late we are up posting!! Hmmmm.....maybe an idea for a new thread!!...insominacs unite!!
    Pammy
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

We pick up the pieces and move forward!
    Aurora, please do not apologize to us. You are not letting us down. Quitting smoking, and especially now, is extremely hard to do. I watched enough people try to quit when they didn't have stress in their lives and we are all trying at a time when we have been the most tested in our lives!! PLease do not beat yourself up over it!!
    You may be experiencing some depression and you are wise to talk to your Doc about it. You also may find some weight lifted off your shoulders once you know your plan. I know I felt a tremendous sense of relief when I found out. Still scared, but not so weighted down with the unknown.
    Also, checking into the disability sounds like a plan as well. Hang in there. You and I need to get on a better sleep schedule!!! I just realized how late we are up posting!! Hmmmm.....maybe an idea for a new thread!!...insominacs unite!!
    Pammy

HAHAHA
    Yeah It's 12:15 where I'm at :0 but that another part of the problem, brfore I do get to sleep, I lay there staring at the walls for at least 3 hours!

But no matter if I have to stay up all night or only get 2 hours of sleep I'm going to work TOMRROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aurora
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

HAHAHA
    Yeah It's 12:15 where I'm at :0 but that another part of the problem, brfore I do get to sleep, I lay there staring at the walls for at least 3 hours!

But no matter if I have to stay up all night or only get 2 hours of sleep I'm going to work TOMRROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aurora

Wow!!!
    I am 3 hours ahead of you!! I am going to bed....it's 3:25am!!! Yikes!! Roofers coming in morning......ZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!
    Pammy
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Wow!!!
    I am 3 hours ahead of you!! I am going to bed....it's 3:25am!!! Yikes!! Roofers coming in morning......ZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!
    Pammy

Hang in there!
    Just wishing all of you good luck. I know it is hard, but, you are fighting bc, you don't want lung cancer too.

Hugs, ♥Lex