MY ARM IS NUMB AFTER HAVING LIMPH NODS REMOVED

Options
2»

Comments

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

32!
    Well mine was just a biopsy and they don't normally put a drain in for those. I will have a drain with my upcoming bilateral.

I will have to have all my LEFT axillary lymph nodes removed when I have my bilateral because 2 of the 5 they took were positive. So I will probably have the numb arm again, huh?

My numbness went away, but,
    My numbness went away, but, I know with some, it doesn't.

You are probably just too soon out of surgery.

Yours might go away too, like mine did.

Just give yourself time to heal.

♥ Kylez ♥
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Kat11 said:

HI, My surgery was back in
    HI, My surgery was back in June and I still have some arm pain. Numb and burning down the back of the arm to the elbow. It is getting better. You have to use your arm, but the more you do the more it hurts. My doctor told me it was nerve damage and we will have to wait and see how much goes away. I was tolds about a year from a friend who had this surgery and the numb arm pit never went away.

The thread Lymphedema has
    The thread Lymphedema has information about free bracelets you can order and other websites with info on the condition too. I hope it helps.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    I had a masectomy in
    I had a masectomy in november, i was numb for about 5 months down to my elbow. Now, i have numbness under my arm. I was told that it could last about a year.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

32!
    Well mine was just a biopsy and they don't normally put a drain in for those. I will have a drain with my upcoming bilateral.

I will have to have all my LEFT axillary lymph nodes removed when I have my bilateral because 2 of the 5 they took were positive. So I will probably have the numb arm again, huh?

I hope your surgery goes ok
    I hope your surgery goes ok for you cathlinberreth01. Post and let us know!
  • KAF
    KAF Member Posts: 16
    Options
    meena1 said:

I had a masectomy in
    I had a masectomy in november, i was numb for about 5 months down to my elbow. Now, i have numbness under my arm. I was told that it could last about a year.

nodes
    I had my nodes removed from my left arm, year and half ago, and I still have numbness under the armpit. When I shave under my arm, I can't even tell if I'm shaving or not, lol.
  • jnl
    Options
    KAF said:

nodes
    I had my nodes removed from my left arm, year and half ago, and I still have numbness under the armpit. When I shave under my arm, I can't even tell if I'm shaving or not, lol.

Hi KAF and welcome to the
    Hi KAF and welcome to the site!

Hugs, Leeza
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    Options
    KAF said:

nodes

shaving underarms
    I've decided not to shave my underarms any more. Because of the numbness, I am very afraid of cutting myself without knowint, and getting infection, which could lead to lymphadema. I know if push came to shove, I could use an electric razor, but HubbyDearest doesn't care, and I'm okay with it. So, one less thing to think about.
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    For over a year or more, I
    For over a year or more, I just don't sem to grow any hair on my underarms. I'm not complaining. Maybe it's cause I'm 59, LOL I don't know. But I use those Venus Breeze razors. you are less likely to cut yourself with those. I use them on my legs. I shave maybe twice a week, less in the cooler months when I'm wearing jeans.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    lanie940 said:

For over a year or more, I
    For over a year or more, I just don't sem to grow any hair on my underarms. I'm not complaining. Maybe it's cause I'm 59, LOL I don't know. But I use those Venus Breeze razors. you are less likely to cut yourself with those. I use them on my legs. I shave maybe twice a week, less in the cooler months when I'm wearing jeans.

I don't have to shave under
    I don't have to shave under the one side where I had radiation. Seems it killed the hair growing, so, I got something good out of it. :)
  • KAF
    KAF Member Posts: 16
    Options

I don't have to shave under
    I don't have to shave under the one side where I had radiation. Seems it killed the hair growing, so, I got something good out of it. :)

Hi back!
    Hi to you Leeza, and thanks for the nice welcome!
  • jnl
    Options
    KAF said:

Hi back!
    Hi to you Leeza, and thanks for the nice welcome!

You're welcome KAF! Sorry
    You're welcome KAF! Sorry that you are here because of bc, but, you will find this site very valuable. Hope to read more about you. :)

Leeza
  • xskeetshooter
    xskeetshooter Member Posts: 169
    Options
    i had the same thing done
    its been 5 weeks friday, i am starting to get some feeling back, and i find when i eat salty things . it would swell like 90 in btwn breast and arm pit., so i stayed away from salt. for the first 2 weeks i could only sit or stand for 10 - 15 min and would swell, laying down with my arm on a pillow helped/ now 4 1/2 weeks later i have less swelling and able to sit up and walk almost all day . dont worry will get better every day
  • xskeetshooter
    xskeetshooter Member Posts: 169
    Options
    i had the same thing done
    its been 4 1/2 weeks now. it will get better everday.i have alot more feeling now, the pillow helped alot with me too. but i found when i ate salty things , i was more swollen so i stayed away from salt. hope this helps. good luck