another website for free hats

elm3544
elm3544 Member Posts: 748
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hats off to Chemo. org provides free sleep caps, turbans, bucket hats, etc. to chemo patients.

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Thanks, I ordered on line.
    Thanks, I ordered on line. How are you finding all this.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Very nice of you...
    To share this info with all in need. :-)
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Thanks Elm
    Thanks for posting this. It was so thoughtful of you. Now when you find the website giving away "Free Moola" will you PM me privately? I am curious how everyone finds these sites as I am on the computer for hours and can't find anything!! :(-) Pammy
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Akiss4me said:

Thanks Elm
    Thanks for posting this. It was so thoughtful of you. Now when you find the website giving away "Free Moola" will you PM me privately? I am curious how everyone finds these sites as I am on the computer for hours and can't find anything!! :(-) Pammy

This is so sweet of you Elm
    This is so sweet of you Elm to post this! I know it will help many!

Hugs, Noel
  • elm3544
    always searching the internet
    The wig shop near me which supposedly caters to chemo patients charges alot for their hats and such. I spent $51 on a sleep cap and one of those caps with the ties in the back. Don't get me started on the prices of their wigs! I love the soft sleep caps and I want lots of them in different colors, so I am always looking for a good deal! Who can afford paying that much to have a variety of head coverings? At the time, I didn't know when my hair would fall out and wanted to be prepared so I spent the money. When medical and other bills keep coming in, getting a nice hat for free is like getting a hug, it just makes you feel good!
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    elm3544 said:

The wig shop near me which supposedly caters to chemo patients charges alot for their hats and such. I spent $51 on a sleep cap and one of those caps with the ties in the back. Don't get me started on the prices of their wigs! I love the soft sleep caps and I want lots of them in different colors, so I am always looking for a good deal! Who can afford paying that much to have a variety of head coverings? At the time, I didn't know when my hair would fall out and wanted to be prepared so I spent the money. When medical and other bills keep coming in, getting a nice hat for free is like getting a hug, it just makes you feel good!

Never even
    heard of sleep caps when I was going through chemo, huh... A friend of mine who had just gone through chemo before I started did give me a satin pillowcase though so my pillow was more comfortable when my hair had fallen out and I just had nubs.
  • elm3544

Never even
    heard of sleep caps when I was going through chemo, huh... A friend of mine who had just gone through chemo before I started did give me a satin pillowcase though so my pillow was more comfortable when my hair had fallen out and I just had nubs.

the sleep caps are just like
    the sleep caps are just like the soft stretchy hats they make for babies. I wear mine all the time, they are so comfortable! Much easier than tying a scarf if in a hurry, too. One trick I learned with the scarves is to tie a scrunchy around the ends like a pony tail instead of knotting them, for a differnt look.
  • outdoorgirl
    elm3544 said:

the sleep caps are just like the soft stretchy hats they make for babies. I wear mine all the time, they are so comfortable! Much easier than tying a scarf if in a hurry, too. One trick I learned with the scarves is to tie a scrunchy around the ends like a pony tail instead of knotting them, for a differnt look.

Good tip
    elm,thanks!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    elm3544 said:

Thanks Elm! This is great
    Thanks Elm! This is great info! So nice of you to think of others when you are going thru so much yourself!
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    elm3544 said:

What a cute idea....
    to tie the ends of the scarves with a scrunchie. I almost gave all of hair ties away when I found out I was going to lose my hair so now I am glad that I kept them.

I picked a sleep cap for my free one from this site.

Headcovers.com is a great site for caps, I found them under the turbans section for like, $14.99 a piece. Real reasonable.

It is such a task finding comfortable, cute headgear. Good luck to all of you.

Vicki
  • butterfly343
    butterfly343 Member Posts: 39
    Free hats
    Thanks so much for the tip.
    What a great site! I just ordered a sleeping hat. I never really thought about the fact i'll need a hat to sleep in.
    Julie
  • outdoorgirl

Free hats
    Thanks so much for the tip.
    What a great site! I just ordered a sleeping hat. I never really thought about the fact i'll need a hat to sleep in.
    Julie

How are
    things,Julie?
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

How are
    things,Julie?

Elm, so sweet of you to post
    Elm, so sweet of you to post this for others.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    jnl said:

Elm, so sweet of you to post
    Elm, so sweet of you to post this for others.

Here is another thread about
    Here is another thread about free hats!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Thanks for this, Elm
    Very good to know for our fellow survivors going through chemo right now. Yes, don't get me started on the price of scarves and wigs, either. Can I just say that my wig cost $1500. Not a cent covered by insurance either. When my hair fell out, I was so upset that I walked in and forked over the money. Then there's the $45 washing fee every month!!

Mimi
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    mimivac said:

Thanks for this, Elm
    Very good to know for our fellow survivors going through chemo right now. Yes, don't get me started on the price of scarves and wigs, either. Can I just say that my wig cost $1500. Not a cent covered by insurance either. When my hair fell out, I was so upset that I walked in and forked over the money. Then there's the $45 washing fee every month!!

Mimi

I am sure some can use this
    I am sure some can use this site.
  • angel23
    angel23 Member Posts: 28
    "Hats Off"
    Thanks Elm, my hats were delivered in a snap! My kids are saying, "Can I have that one"? Titleist, Hard Rock Cafe, (Chicago), and a special note from Hats Off,that they are working on my Chicago Bears hat... OOOH La La... It was cool to open my door to a package, and no bill.... Thanks for the info, I'm in sync now.... Heeeee..Hawww!!

Love and Hugs, Angel 23..
  • elm3544
    angel23 said:

"Hats Off"
    Thanks Elm, my hats were delivered in a snap! My kids are saying, "Can I have that one"? Titleist, Hard Rock Cafe, (Chicago), and a special note from Hats Off,that they are working on my Chicago Bears hat... OOOH La La... It was cool to open my door to a package, and no bill.... Thanks for the info, I'm in sync now.... Heeeee..Hawww!!

That is so cool! What a
    That is so cool! What a great gift they are offering to help us feel better! I ordered a sleep cap but I didn't get it yet. Maybe tomorrow!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    elm3544 said:

That is so cool! What a
    That is so cool! What a great gift they are offering to help us feel better! I ordered a sleep cap but I didn't get it yet. Maybe tomorrow!

How nice for you to post
    How nice for you to post this. Hope you are doing better Elm!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    angel23 said:

"Hats Off"

This is so nice of you to
    This is so nice of you to post this Elm. Thanks!